Chapter 19

Before Taehyung could voice his concerns further, they were interrupted by approaching footsteps. The backseat door swung open, revealing a middle-aged woman.

"Mr. Park," she greeted Jimin.

Jimin acknowledged her with a nod. "Mrs. Jun, do you have what I asked?"

The woman nodded and handed Jimin a key, leaving Taehyung stunned by the turn of events.

Taehyung's confusion deepened as he observed the exchange between Jimin and the woman. Jimin handed her his phone and asked her to input her bank account number for a money transfer. The woman's expression shifted from concern to relief upon hearing about the monetary compensation. She quickly complied and returned Jimin's phone.

As the woman left in a taxi, Taehyung couldn't contain his bewilderment any longer. "What happened?"

Jimin, his face stoic as ever, explained, "This is the key Grandma left for me. When I was younger, she gave me this key. It's for a safe deposit box, but the box itself is located abroad. Grandma didn't store money in there; it held important documents and secrets. She had her own key, and I didn't know where she kept it. Even if Taemin found hers, he wouldn't know the purpose of the key. I keep mine on the second floor."

Taehyung was still puzzled. "But who is that woman?"

Jimin clarified, "She's been the cleaner of the Park residence for the past two years."

Having grasped Jimin's explanation, Taehyung's comprehension fell into place. "So, you believe Grandma stored the evidence inside the safe deposit box?"

Jimin contemplated the question. "I assume she secured them in the box as a precaution, just in case something unfavorable occurred," he confirmed. "Take this key and proceed to the safe deposit box. Search for any evidence and then send it back to me."

Jimin gave him a reassuring look. "Be discreet, Taehyung. And if you find anything, make sure to handle it carefully. We don't know what kind of secrets Grandma had in there."

Taehyung acknowledged with a nod. "Understood, President Park."

With that, Taehyung stepped out of the car, holding the key tightly. He was ready to embark on this mission to retrieve valuable evidence that could potentially change the course of their family's history.

Two nights had passed, and Jimin was seated on the sofa, his laptop resting on his lap. He opened his email and wore a satisfied smile.

Y/N had just returned from Joon Min's room, and she sat down beside Jimin, curiosity piqued. "What's going on?"

Jimin gently pulled her onto his lap. "Take a look at this."

Y/N's eyes fixated on the screen, where several photos were displayed. They were somewhat blurry, but she soon recognized the individuals in them. "Is that Park Jae Kyung?"

Jimin planted a soft kiss on the corner of her lips. "Yes, now look at this girl."

Y/N squinted at the screen, her expression turning puzzled. "Why does she look so much like Krystal?" After a moment of reflection, she recalled Krystal mentioning that Taemin viewed her as a replacement. "Is this Taemin's first love?"

Indeed, the girl in the photos bore a striking resemblance to Krystal.

"Her name is Yoona," Jimin clarified. "And the reason these photos exist is because she and Jae Kyung were together."

Y/N gasped in astonishment.

It was a revelation that Taemin's deepest love had been unrequited, and the woman he held in his heart so dearly had never shared his feelings.

"Poor thing," Y/N empathized. "But Krystal is the real victim here. Just because she resembles Yoona, Taemin sees her as a substitute. Krystal genuinely loved him, and he wasted all of her love."

Jimin gently caressed her hair. "I want to show these photos to him. What are your thoughts on Yoona's death? Do you think it was related to Jae Kyung? It's hard to believe she would take her own life when she had such control over Taemin."

"You're right, it doesn't make sense for her to commit suicide," Y/N agreed, her arms wrapped around Jimin's neck as she looked into his eyes. "Could it have been Jae Kyung's doing?"

"I'm going to investigate this thoroughly," Jimin resolved.

"But the police declared it as suicide. Won't it be difficult to find the evidence?" Y/N asked.

"Let's try to find any evidence we can, and if we do, we can put him in jail. If not, we shouldn't force it. Just showing Taemin this picture and revealing their relationship should be enough, don't you think?" Jimin proposed.

Y/N nodded, smiling. "So you plan to show this picture directly to him?"

Jimin explained, "What's the use of the media if we don't use it? If they find out about this, they'll start digging. There must be a lot of secrets between Jae Kyung and Yoona. By revealing just one, we'll save our energy from putting in too much effort."

"