Chapter 40

A/N: This is my favorite chapter in this book so far.

Following Lisa's gaze, Y/N saw Seulgi standing near the restaurant's entrance. She was dressed in a white sleeveless top paired with black wide-legged trousers, patiently waiting for someone.

Not long after, a young man emerged from the nearby hotel. He appeared to be in his early twenties. Upon his arrival, he immediately embraced Seulgi around her waist, but she gently pushed him away, maintaining some distance between them as they walked towards their car.

As the couple passed by Y/N's side of the car, both Lisa and Y/N instinctively lowered their heads, attempting to go unnoticed.

Thankfully, Seulgi didn't recognize Lisa's license plate number. Had she been more attentive, she might have grown suspicious and fled. However, she simply continued walking away.

Lisa raised her head and observed as Seulgi and the unknown man departed. She swiftly started the car and decided to follow them.

Curious, Y/N asked, "Do you know the guy with Seulgi?"

Lisa shook her head. "I have no idea. But isn't it strange that Seulgi left a hotel with a guy? There's something suspicious about this situation. Why would they come to such a remote place? And they were deliberately keeping their distance, as if they were afraid someone might notice something."

Y/N pondered Lisa's words. It did seem peculiar; when the man had come out, he had hugged Seulgi around the waist, but she had quickly pushed him away, as if trying to avoid attracting any unwanted attention.

"Kang Seulgi dared to trick me once, and if I find out she's up to something, I'll make sure she tastes her own medicine," Lisa vowed, her memory flashing back to Seulgi's past deception. "And if my uncle discovers she's having an affair, he'll undoubtedly deal with her ruthlessly."

Lisa was eager to follow Seulgi's car, but Y/N wisely cautioned against it. "Don't follow her car," Y/N advised. "She might notice and could even know your license plate number. We might unintentionally tip her off."

Lisa agreed with Y/N's reasoning and pulled her car over to the side of the road. She asked, "So, what should we do now?"

Y/N considered the situation and replied, "Let's have someone investigate this. I think there's something going on between her and that man."

Lisa agreed with a nod and said, "Then let's go back and eat. It's not an urgent matter anyway. I'll investigate her relationship with that guy, and when I have enough information, I'll immediately tell my uncle. I'm expecting quite a drama!"

Lisa's uncle might enjoy playing around with women, but that didn't mean he didn't have high standards for the women in his life. If he were to find out that Seulgi was having an affair, it could very well spell the end for her.

As they entered the restaurant, Lisa didn't immediately peruse the menu. Instead, she hastily called Jimin to inform him of the situation.

Y/N took charge of ordering for both of them, and after Lisa had finished her call, Y/N informed her of the choices she had made.

Lisa waved her hand in satisfaction and said, "I'm okay with that."

Y/N couldn't help but notice the excitement in Lisa's eyes, and she questioned, "You seem really excited about this. But what if their relationship isn't what we think it is?"

Lisa's eyes gleamed with determination as she replied, "I can guarantee with absolute certainty that their relationship is exactly as we suspect. It's quite clear that Seulgi isn't a woman who's content with what she has. She's not satisfied with my uncle providing her with everything she desires. I really want to get back at her for tricking me. If I don't seek revenge, it would be a disgrace to my ancestors."