Chapter 31

The doctor continued, her tone compassionate but also cautious, "It's worth noting that the surgery you underwent previously is also detrimental to a mother's health. Your current uterine condition isn't ideal, and if you choose to go through with another abortion, it could seriously impact your future pregnancies and childbirth experiences. This is a significant concern, and I can't guarantee your future reproductive health..."

Krystal's body stiffened as the gravity of the situation weighed on her. Y/N, who was present, wanted to encourage her to take some time to think it over, but before she could utter a word, Krystal's voice rang out with determination. "Yes, I want to terminate this pregnancy."

The resolute tone in Krystal's response conveyed the depth of her conviction. She was willing to go to great lengths to avoid giving birth to Lee Taemin's child, even if it meant risking her own health and future reproductive capabilities.

The doctor let out a resigned sigh, understanding that ultimately, it was Krystal's body and her choice. "Ms. Jung, your body is your own, and as a doctor, I can only offer advice. Since you're determined to proceed, there's not much more I can do. If you had originally planned not to have children, taking precautions should have been a priority. However, I don't have all the details surrounding your situation, so I can't make any definitive judgments. If you opt for the surgery, my suggestion is to wait until you're in better health. After all, the fetus is still only a month old, and you have some time. There's no need to rush. Please take responsibility for your own well-being."

"Okay, we'll wait," Y/N interjected firmly this time, not allowing Krystal a chance to respond or object. She had taken it upon herself to make this decision for her friend.

Krystal started to speak, her voice filled with a mix of emotions, but Y/N silently shook her head in her direction and then turned her attention back to the doctor. "She'll focus on getting better first and then schedule the surgery. We apologize for any inconvenience, Doctor."

The doctor nodded understandingly. "That's perfectly fine. If there are no other concerns or issues, Ms. Jung can be discharged now. Please head home and remember to take good care of your health."

"Thank you," Y/N said appreciatively before taking Krystal's hand and guiding her out of the hospital.

Krystal stood resolute in the hospital corridor, her determination evident in her eyes as she expressed her fervent desire. "I want to immediately abort this child," she declared firmly, her reluctance to leave the matter unresolved palpable.

Y/N, on the other hand, wore a concerned frown, deeply troubled by her friend's emotional turmoil. She recognized the pain Krystal had endured due to Taemin's actions and understood her fiery temperament. "I know you're hurting," Y/N began, her voice filled with empathy. "Taemin has put you through so much, and I understand that you wouldn't want to carry his child. I'm not suggesting that you should. But did you hear what the doctor said? Two years ago, when you had an abortion, it took a toll on your body. Now, the doctor is advising you to wait for a later stage. She hasn't denied your request; it's just for the sake of your well-being. If you rush into it and insist on immediate abortion, you might face difficulties conceiving in the future."

Krystal's resolve remained unshaken as she responded, "Even if I can't bear children anymore, I refuse to bring Taemin's child into this world."

Y/N sighed, her concern for her friend unwavering. She gently clasped Krystal's hand and locked eyes with her. "I understand your feelings," she said earnestly, "but you must prioritize your own health. It's just a matter of waiting for a little while. Please, consider it."

After Y/N's heartfelt plea and advice, Krystal gradually began to calm down, her initial determination giving way to a more rational perspective. She nodded in agreement. "Promise me that you won't tell anyone else about this," she requested, emphasizing the need for utmost confidentiality.