Chapter 23

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. "There must be some connection to him, but their relationship was hidden well by Grandma and Grandpa. Only a few people knew about it. I heard even the police couldn't find anything."

"That's true," Jimin acknowledged. "I also found out that after she died, Jae Kyung gave money to her parents as hush money. Her family was dealing with financial problems at that time, so they just took it. They knew about their relationship."

Y/N was incredulous. "How could they accept money when their daughter was dead? Didn't they suspect that her death might have been caused by him? Did they really believe she committed suicide? Shouldn't they have at least tried to seek justice for their daughter?" Her voice was filled with disbelief.

Jimin fell into a thoughtful silence.

"To be honest, I'm not really interested in finding the truth," Jimin admitted. "But he teamed up with Taemin to destroy our family two years ago, and I won't let him get away with it. He was also the one who kicked you and Joonie out of the Park residence, right?"

"Yes," Y/N confirmed. "Now, with his scandal being brought up to the public, the suicide case will gain the police's attention, right?" she inquired.

"But it happened years ago, and I believe those in charge are no longer there. Not many people even know about this. It's necessary to have someone who knows exactly what happened," Jimin replied.

Y/N wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled. "Netizens are a good way to start. Just post it on the internet, and people will begin to connect the dots. This is the hottest news now; it will seize everyone's attention. The police will have no choice but to reinvestigate it."

Jimin gently held her chin and praised, "Smart." He leaned closer to her face, their noses touching, before capturing her lips in a passionate kiss.

His hand started wandering around her body, slowly undoing her buttons, and his touch made her breath quicken. However, she was worried about her pregnancy, so she thought it would be better for him to take a cold shower.

"Okay, you need to stop now," Y/N said, placing her hands on his chest.

Jimin looked clearly dissatisfied by her action. "Now I can't even touch you?"

Y/N smiled and gently pushed his hands away. "You won't be able to control yourself if you keep touching me. You said you don't have control over me, didn't you?"

Jimin shifted his gaze to her little bump. "How big is she now?"

"I haven't been pregnant for long. How big do you think she is now?" Y/N buttoned up her pajamas and got up from his lap. She pulled the glass of not-so-warm milk closer. "Drink the milk and sleep early. Don't even think about it."

Jimin grabbed her wrist. "You want me to not think about it now?"

Y/N shifted her gaze down to his obvious bulge, making her blush. She pushed his hand away and turned her body. "I'm going to bed."

She left the study and hurried to the bedroom, leaving Jimin counting the days of her pregnancy.

-

Krystal was craving some sweets, so she decided to drive to her favorite pastry shop downtown. She bought a tiramisu cake and some pain au chocolat, and her face lit up with happiness. As she strolled along the street, she happened to pass by the Celine store. It reminded her of last night when she had dinner with Taehyung, and it was pouring rain. They didn't have an umbrella, so Taehyung had gallantly taken off his suit jacket to shield them from the rain.

She knew that the suit was expensive and not meant to get wet, as it was dry clean only. Feeling grateful for his gesture, she entered the store with the intention of buying him a new shirt and suit.

"Ms, how can we help you today?" The sales assistant greeted her warmly.

Krystal had always felt uncomfortable when salespeople followed her around while shopping, so she politely replied, "Let me look around, and I'll call you if I need anything." She offered a friendly smile.

Krystal browsed the store and found a white dress shirt that she thought would look great on Taehyung. She also selected a suit that matched the shirt perfectly. As she searched for Taehyung's size, a hand suddenly gripped her wrist.

Startled, she looked up and was surprised to see Taemin. "What a great choice! You have excellent taste. But these aren't my size."

"Who said I'm buying these for you!" Krystal retorted, her tone filled with irritation.

Taemin wore a smug smile. "I am your husband, so if you're not buying them for me, then who are you buying them for? Planning to publicly cuckold me?"

Krystal's eyes narrowed, and she snatched the suit back from his grip. "I have no relation with you, you psycho!"

-

A/N: How are you like the story?

A small heads-up about the upcoming chapter: Brace yourself, as it's going to be a challenging one.

-

Your view every night 👀