Chapter 24

T/W: Please be aware before proceeding with this chapter.

Taemin's words had her in extreme nervousness. She couldn't deny the fact that they were still legally married, and hearing him refer to her as 'Lee Taemin's wife' unsettled her.

The concerned sales assistant stepped in, sensing the tension. "Ms, do you still want the clothes?"

Krystal handed the shirt and suit to her. "Wrap them for me, here's my card."

"Of course, Ms." The sales assistant promptly took the card and neatly folded the clothes before placing them in a box.

Ignoring Taemin completely, Krystal paid for her purchase and quickly exited the store. Taemin, however, was not ready to let her go. He chased after her, grabbing her wrist without caring about the curious onlookers.

Krystal struggled with all her strength to break free from Taemin's grip, her eyes filled with anger and frustration. "What are you doing here? Don't you have anything better to do than to keep bothering me? How can I make you understand that I don't want to see you, and I feel disgusted every time I see you?"

Taemin's voice was laced with bitterness. "Why? So now that you're with Taehyung, you think every other man is disgusting?"

Krystal's patience was wearing thin. "No, only you. Even if there were no Taehyung, I would still be disgusted by you! Have you ever thought about everything you've done? How can you still show up in front of me?"

Ignoring her protests, Taemin forcefully pulled her toward the elevator. She managed to break free just as the elevator doors closed, leaving her standing there impatiently, feeling uncomfortable in such a confined space.

When the elevator finally reached the ground floor, she rushed to her car to put her shopping bag inside. Before she could complete the task, Taemin grabbed her and carried her away.

"Help!" Krystal shouted desperately. "Help me!"

Passersby were hesitant to intervene, fearing Taemin's intimidating presence. He dismissed their concerns with a cold glance. "It's just a little argument with my wife. What are you all looking at?"

Krystal continued to protest. "I'm not his wife! He's a sick bastard! Help me!"

No one dared to challenge Taemin when he presented their marriage certificate as proof. They assumed it was a domestic dispute and refrained from getting involved. Helpless, Krystal was forced into Taemin's car, her heart pounding with fear and uncertainty. "Taemin, you're sick! What do you want?"

Krystal felt completely powerless in her struggle to escape Taemin's grasp. No matter what she did or said, it seemed to have no effect on him. He was determined to do as he pleased, and she longed desperately to be free from his presence.

As Taemin drove her away from her car and toward an unknown destination, Krystal's anxiety grew. She reached for her phone, hoping to find a way to call for help, but before she could make any progress, Taemin snatched the phone from her and tossed it out of the car window.

"Lee Taemin!" she exclaimed in frustration.

"I'll get you a new one," he replied calmly.

Eventually, Taemin pulled over in front of a restaurant, a place Krystal recognized all too well. It was a restaurant they had frequented during their happier times. She hadn't been back here since their falling out, and she couldn't fathom why he had brought her to this particular place.

"Let's have dinner," he suggested.

"Are you crazy? Go have dinner with someone else. I don't want to dine with you!" Krystal retorted.