"How touching. Truly. But, time is of the essence, gentlemen." Shadow mused dryly, lowering Roy's arrow before walking towards Aqualad and handing him a small chip of sorts "This is the Starro Tech's antidote. You must take it to Dr. Roquette in order to create more and allow the Justice League to snap out of Savage's control. I do not care for anyone as long as both Superman and Batman are snapped out."

Aqualad looked slightly stunned at her gesture but nodded nonetheless "Wait..." He looked up to see her gone and sighed to himself, clutching the tech in his hand as the two heroes headed for the bio-ship

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

"WHY EVER WOULD SHE HELP US?" KID SMIRKED AT AQUALAD'S QUESTION AND TURNED TO ROBIN WHO ROLLED HIS EYES, EARS HEATING UP "Why ever indeed?"

"Maybe it's me? She and I were-are friends? She must've done it to save my ass" Artemis declared and Roy nodded "She did mention you, apparently you wanted me gone"

"Not literally. Shadow's humorous like that" She flushed slightly in embarrassment and Roy scoffed "Starting to feel it's mutual. I want me gone too"

"Roy..."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

YET EACH MAN KILLS THE THING HE LOVES
BY EACH LET THIS BE HEARD
SOME DO IT WITH A BITTER LOOK
SOMW WITH A FLATTERING WORD
THE COWARD DOES IT WITH A KISS
THE BRAVE MAN WITH A SWORD

Shadow stood in the main training room, her arms wrapped in bandages, her lacerations not properly healing as usual, worrying her "Hello, my child" She looked up from her shoulder and acknowledged him with a nod "Deathstroke"

"Your skills lacked on the field today" The man shook his head, almost disappointed "My injury did not allow me to fight properly" She explained

"We must make sure that you heal then" He stepped closer. His tone was dangerously low. It sent a chill down her spine and with each step he took, her brain screamed at her to step back. To run. To hide. He gently placed a gloved hand under her chin and lifted up her head. His eyes were not covered and they held a stare in them she had never seen before, perhaps once in a vision of what was but never in reality "You my dear, look just like your mother" He spoke in a soft tone, a soft smile on his face

Suddenly it turned into a frown, his words embittered from a time he remembered clearly "It was a shame really, she chose Ra's. She chose him, made him weak and she shattered my heart." His grip on her chin tightened enough to leave a bruise "But you won't do that, you won't leave me" His smile returned "You'll be great. You're gonna rule this damn thing and then I'll finally have what I've always wanted" He looked at her with a disturbing look in his eye "You'll do that for me, won't you Shadow?"

"What in hell's name is wrong with you?" She managed to spit out, a spark of bravery managing to come out. His eyes narrowed into a glare "You spared Red Arrow" His hand moved from her chin to her neck and he squeezed it. Hard. Choking her "Think I wouldn't notice your little chit chats with our enemies? You've been bad Shadow" He scoffed "Bad girls get punished" Her body suddenly went into reflex and she managed to get out of his hold "There's my girl" He muttered, excitedly.

"You know it was fun, manipulating that bastard for the longest time against your bitch mom so he'd crack and kill her. She must be turning in her grave just thinking of me" He reached forward and gripped both her shoulders when she froze at the extent of the hatred within in words "I'll forgive you, Shadow. Always. I would acknowledge you" She almost fell to her knees as he began to drag her to the dark chambers, bashing her head with his foot in the process "Get up and fight!"