Day 25: Crossover

In one world, Donald Na had been struck by a truck and had perished, leaving Kingsley heartbroken, lost, and alone.

In another world, Kingsley Kwan had managed to push Donald out of the way at the cost of his own life, leaving Donald stunned by his right hand man's sacrifice, and also causing Donald, to  his own confusion, to actually grieve.

They both thought they were hallucinating when they bumped into each other at a cafe. But since they were able to physically interact with each other, they realized that the other person wasn't a hallucination. 

They both sat down and began confessing all of their emotions about the other's death. Kingsley admitted that even though Donald was gone, he still continued the Union. He admitted all his regrets of not being able to do more for Donald and wishes he hadn't left him alone at his request back then.

Donald, not used to expressing his grief to others, was more hesitant to speak. After a long moment of silence, he admitted that he didn't understand why Kingsley sacrificed himself for him. He didn't understand why the Kingsley in front of him was so devastated by his death. All he had done was treat Kingsley like a subordinate, one better than his other underlings, but still a subordinate nonetheless. He didn't understand why Kingsley cared about him so much because the only person who had cared about him was his mother.

The two continued to talk. Sometimes there'd be stretches of minutes where they both remained silent. Sometimes they talked about what happened in each other's worlds. Sometimes they talked about what they wanted their future to have been together.

Eventually, it was time for the cafe to close. They both held each other's hands as they exited, not wanting to leave the other behind. However, they felt the other fade away as they were each returned to their own universe.

Word Count: 316