Day 29: Drunk

Jake sat at the bar counter and sipped the glass of booze. Several empty glasses were already in front of him. Usually he wouldn't drink. He had wanted to prove that he was different from the delinquents who smoked and drank and bullied others. But right now, he just needed to drown his sorrows.

"Jake," Dean walked over to him with great concern. "You're drinking?"

"There's no point anymore," Jake down the glass and motioned for the bartender to bring him another. "There's no point in trying to be a good upstanding citizen. Well, at least as good of an upstanding citizen a gang member could be,"

"Kenny wouldn't want you to—"

"Kenny's dead!" Jake snapped. "Kenny's dead so it doesn't matter what he wouldn't want me to do! He's not here to stop me or scold me!"

"Are you just going to continue spiraling downward like this?" Dean asked.

"I have no one—"

"You have me, Timothy, and Eunchan!" Dean reminded. "You're not alone!"

"Maybe I want to be alone," Jake said quietly. "Maybe I don't want you guys to be my friends anymore,"

"Too bad," Dean placed some money on the counter and began to drag Jake away. "We're your friend and we're not going to let you deal with your grief alone!"

Word Count: 206