Chapter 4: First meet

Start from the beginning

The second time our eyes met, she was looking at me with her narrowed eyes and I was amused by this thing of hers which made me more intrigued to know about her.

After saying something to Vishaka, they both came in our direction. I signaled Raghav that she had arrived, listening to this he straightened himself.

They both came and stood in front of us after which we also stood and both Raghav and Vishaka were introducing themselves. I and my angel were standing beside each other, wait 'my' where did that come from?

Where I was standing straight and with confidence and she was fidgeting with her dupatta indicating she was nervous.

And then our eyes met for the third time and now I can see more clearly the depth they carry in themselves. As she was standing close to me, this allowed me to smell her strawberry and vanilla scent making my mind go in frenzy and my heart feel like it found its solace.

The innocence in her eyes were making me feel something, like I should take her in my arms and hide from this world, but at the same time I feel they hide the deepest scars and pains.

On listening to other voices calling us, our eye contact broke and I don't know the reason but I wasn't liking it. We both looked away and then people we were here for introduced us.

.

.

.

.

.

Meera's Pov-

We reached the restaurant and were looking for the said man but as I was looking I saw a man looking towards us and specifically towards me.

I don't know why but I didn't feel uncomfortable. It was like his stare was just making me feel butterflies in my stomach, no not butterflies but a whole zoo inside me. I just don't want him to look away but at the same time I want it because his stares were making me feel nervous about my appearance.

Is he making fun of how I am looking?

Does he think I am old fashioned since I am wearing a suit?

But looking into his serene and bewitching, hazel eyes I felt a sense of warmness within me. He was wearing a white shirt underneath a black blazer and black pants, totally in contrast with his Greek god-like looks. I have never seen such a handsome and beautiful man in my life.

Suddenly my eyes met his deep-set eyes, making me enchanted. But I hid behind Vishaka and was playing with my dupatta as I was feeling nervous. She was saying something along the lines of 'Did you see him and why are you hiding behind me?', but I ignored and focused on making my racing heartbeat calm down in which I was a tad bit successful.

The second time my eyes met with fierce one, I narrowed at him while looking because I should not trust this person so I also looked around pretending to find Raghav.

After some time Vishaka told me that there are only two men sitting in this whole restaurant, and one of them has his back facing us, so that is why we went towards them.

But as I was going I realized that the direction we were going was towards that same person who was staring at me. I started distracting myself by wandering my eyes.

Soon we reached them and one of them turned out to be Raghav. Both Vishaka and Raghav introduced themselves and were talking and that strange man was standing beside me.

Suddenly my eyes met his hazel ones once again and I again found myself drowning in them. Since I can see them more closely, I can feel my shiver by those intense stares but I don't understand why I was not able to look away. It was like he had bound me in a spell, specifically his spell.

Our eye contact broke when we were called by the person we came here with. Raghav and Vishaka both introduced us to each other.

I got to know his name is Krsh and he is Raghav's friend. He has a nice name but can't say anything about his personality, though he was smiling all the time and making sure we were comfortable, but I was not able to raise my eyes and look at him.

This is because I know if I look in those deep eyes again, I will drown in them and make a fool of myself again, which I made enough of myself. That is why I tried to ignore him as much as possible and focused on the other two humans for which we were here.

After about 15-20 minutes of talking and knowing each other Krsh spoke, "I think it's time now that you both talk alone now. So I and Meera will give you that time and we will go and explore this hotel. Is it okay for you Meera?"

God!!!! Why does my name sound so exotic from his mouth and it sends an electric shiver through my whole body. He has a very deep and rough voice. I had to close my eyes to just calm myself and my erratic heartbeat.

I also liked how he asked if I was comfortable to go out with him, maybe he is not that bad.

Vishaka asked me if it was okay and I gave her an assuring nod. I looked towards Krsh and without meeting his eyes said, "Yes it is totally fine."

We both stood, wished them luck and went out.

Hope everything turns out fine.

Hey lovelies, here is the next chapter. How was it?

Do lots of votes, comments and share your honest thoughts on this chapter.

Also thankyou for the 300 reads🎉🥺. I am so grateful to all who have given a chance to this book. I will also try to be more consistent from now onwards.

Enjoy reading!