Chapter One- The Band

Chapter One-

Frankie

I look down at my book using my finger to follow along as I read, tuning out Moth's guitar and singing in the background. I turn the page and keep reading, but falter when I hear him switch songs. He strums the guitar a few times before singing soft words.

"Long blonde hair, baby eyes. Can't get him off my mind." I turn my head and watch him. His eyes are closed as he strums his guitar, clearing his throat before singing again with a deep mellow tone. "His beauty is unrealized, and I need him here in my life."

"Did you write that?" I ask, smiling at him when he opens his eyes.

He smirks and sets his guitar aside to get on his bed with me. I'm lying on my stomach, so he decides to lie next to me. He reaches his hand out to brush my hair over my shoulder, kissing my cheek. "I thought you said you have laser focus and can tune me out."

"I can." I roll my eyes and blush looking back down at my book and starting to read again.

"So you were listening because you like it?"

"I like all of your music."

"Really? I thought you liked Taylor Swift."

He leans closer, kissing my neck this time. I let out a soft breath, losing my place in the book when I feel his tongue against my skin, sucking gently on the spot where he kissed me.

"I-I do." After a second, I shove his head away. "You can't leave marks on me. Will and Sawyer will probably get together to kill you."

"Totally worth it." He lays on his back, still looking over at me. "I wrote it about you. I only had a verse before I scrapped it. Eclipse won't go for a solo with acoustic guitar."

"Why does everything have to get approved by everyone in the band? I think it sounded great."

He sighs and shrugs. "That's just part of being in a band. Everyone wants to be able to play the songs and everyone wants to love what they're doing. That's why we always try to throw in a little drum solo and a sick baseline for Cas and Jonis. Don't even get me started on Gwen. She's always making me write a harmony so she can sing backup."

I tilt my head, looking over at him after putting my bookmark where it goes and shutting it. I know being in a band is difficult, but I didn't realize he couldn't write songs without them.

"Aren't you guys doing auditions too?"

"Yeah. We didn't want a ton of people to know my address so people are sending in video auditions. We're going to listen to them once everyone else gets here."

We're always at his house. He just lives with his mom and the whole basement is his, so we've got all the privacy we need, but I still feel bad that he can never come to my place without people breathing down our necks or being mean to him. "Sorry."

"Why are you always apologizing? What are you sorry for?"

"That my family makes it so hard for us to hang out," I explain further, rolling over to lay on my back as well before scooting closer to put my head on his chest.

"I don't care. I know the impression I give with what I wear and how I look. No parent wants their sweet kid to date some fucked up loser like me." He jokes, looking down at me while running his fingers through my long hair. "I just wish they could see that I'd never try to change you. I like you just the way you are. Swiftie and all."

I smile, not bothering to respond as I look at him. He's got piercings everywhere. One in his eyebrow, two in his nose, three on his lips. He recently got a tongue piercing too and that's not even including the ones on his ears. He does stick and poke tattoos on himself as well. He's got a bunch of stupid ones all over his body. My favorite one is a cat playing guitar on his leg. His favorite one is a smiling pickle on his butt cheek.