Thirty Six ( Jab Bana Uska Hi Bana)

Hello, everyone!  Please show your support by voting. It means a lot to me. Your simple vote gives me motivation to write.

Author pov

Reva hear dadi advice and  nodded in response. Just as Dadi was about to leave, Rajiv arrived in room. looking like he had just finished a marathon. He hurriedly approached Reva and placed his hand on her forehead, asking in a panicked tone, "what happened, how fever came suddenly, didn't you eat something, dadi did you call the doctor?,"
Rajiv was bombarding Reva with questions, concerned about her fever and well-being.
he was asking questions in rapid firealy. When dadi smiles lightly and looks at them in adoration. She clearly sees Rajiv is so much concerned and possessive about her.

"Nothing, your wife is stubborn, she didn't eat anything the whole day, only complaining about "I don't have an appetite to eat" and I think this is the first time it happened, that she refused the food, yes or no, Reva?" dadi said teasingly.
"Dadi..." with giving her don't tease me look Reva said . But dadi winked at her and went out.

Rajiv was shooting daggers at her, and Reva felt his stare but avoided it, trying to get up. However, Rajiv forcefully made her sit back in her place.
In a low tone, Reva said, "I am alright, leave me." And got up. She really wanted to avoid Rajiv because the truth is, Reva didn't have the courage to face him. If she talked to him, she would definitely end up asking him the reason for his behavior with Nandini, and she didn't want to inquire until he was ready to tell her everything.

She also got her period in the afternoon, and her mood swings didn't help her. She wanted to cry while listening to Dadi, but upon seeing her situation, she composed herself and comforted Dadi. The way Rajiv had acted yesterday still gave her shivers.

She went to the washroom, avoiding Rajiv. When she was coming out of the washroom, she saw Rajiv standing outside the washroom door, gazing at her.

When she once again tried to avoid him and was heading towards her clothes, Rajiv grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the bed, making her sit on it. He then sat in front of her, kneeling down, and took both her hands on his.

"I know my explanations may not justify my actions, but please listen to me. I've lost a lot in my life, but you're the most valuable thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't want things to be like this, and I know I've hurt you, which is not my right, especially when you've taken care of me. But I don't know how to explain what I want to tell you. Please don't take it the wrong way, but have we... I mean, if you're willing, can we give each other a chance? No... no... What I mean is, can you give me one chance to prove myself?" He spoke continuously.

Reva eyes become teary. If it was Reva in the past, she might have shouted at him, for yesterday thing, scold him so hard, but this time she only saw a vulnerable child in him. She couldn't control herself and burst into tears.

Rajiv panicked seeing her outburst and tried to console her.

"Hey, what happened? Why are you crying? Is something hurting?" Rajiv asked, checking her for any signs of distress. He cupped her cheeks with his hand, but she continued to cry.  she hugged him tightly and let the tears flow. Rajiv couldn't bear to see her cry, so he lifted her into his arms and settled her on his lap. She continued to cry while he comforted her, gently patting her back. While saying "look don't take tension about me, it's not mandatory i am just asking for chance, if you don't want it's ok, but please don't cry yaar".

After five minutes, her sobs subsided, but she still clung to him.

After five minutes of silence, both sat there with Reva in his lap. Finally, Rajiv broke the silence. "I am sorry," he said. Reva removed her face from his neck and looked at him. Her nose and cheeks were red from crying. And her mood swings didn't help her at all.