Chapter Thirteen (Aaja Dil ki kare saude baji kay naraji are aaa)

Reva stood there, frozen like a statue, the pooja plate slipping from her hand. But before it could fall, Rajiv quickly grabbed it. He looked at her intently, closed his eyes for a moment, and then asked once more,
"Will you marry me?"
Reva continued to gaze at his face, unable to comprehend what she had just heard. She pinched her own ear and shook her head, closing her eyes momentarily, convinced that this must be a dream.

Rajiv observed her every reaction, equally amazed by the situation. He repeated, "It's true." Reva opened her eyes and looked at him, her disbelief slowly giving way to reality. She cautiously approached him, poking her finger against his chest. When she confirmed that he was indeed standing right in front of her, asking for her hand in marriage, she burst into laughter.

Rajiv couldn't believe her reaction either; after five minutes of her uncontrollable laughter, she finally composed herself and inquired, "Are you drunk, Mr. Mahnotra?"

Realizing that he needed to explain himself, Rajiv replied, "It's not a joke, Ms. Reva. I am genuinely asking you for marriage, and I need your answer to be 'yes'."

Reva glared at him, her cheeks flushed red, his look building her anger. "Are you out of your mind, Mr. Mahnotra? Is this some kind of twisted prank? I'm telling you, I don't appreciate it. And secondly, are you doing this as a way to take revenge or simply to make my life more difficult? That's enough now."

Rajiv reached for her hand and guided her toward his car, urging her in a hushed voice, "Don't shout. Everyone is watching."

Reva retorted angrily, "So don't indulge in any theatrics here. I will certainly raise my voice, and people will come and give you a taste of your own medicine."

It triggered him. "Oh, so shout if you want. I'm curious to see what will happen when the police show up and ask me about the reason," he taunted.

The mention of the police made Reva's heart race, and her anger intensified. Her face was now flushed with frustration. "Are you blackmailing me?" she snapped.

Rajiv's expression remained calm, but there was a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I haven't even started yet," he replied cryptically.

Sensing that a heated argument would lead to no good, Reva composed herself and asked, "Fine, then tell me right here, what do you want to say?"

Rajiv looked at her with a smirk and responded, "Not here. Come with me." With that, he walked over and took a seat in the driver's seat of his car. Reva remained standing where she was, a bit uncertain. He rolled down the window and continued, "I'm not going to eat you, Come in.

His words fueled her anger even more, but she managed to keep quiet and took her seat in the passenger side.

Rajiv parked the car in front of a luxurious 5-star restaurant. He got out and handed the car key to a hotel staff member. Reva followed suit and joined him.

As they entered the restaurant, Reva's mind started to wander. "What if he takes me to a room and tries something inappropriate? No, no... If he dares to make any such move, I swear... he won't be able to become father ever again," she thought to herself, her frustration turning into determination.

"You're not my type, in case you're wondering about those kinds of thoughts. And to be clear, you're not my type either," Rajiv's voice brought Reva back from her daydreaming.

"Huhhhh?" she responded, a bit confused.

"In case you're wondering if I had any inappropriate intentions, I want you to know that you are not my type, and you never will be," he clarified.

His response caught her off guard, and she was about to retort, but he abruptly opened the left door and stepped out. Reva quickly followed suit. He led her to the last door down the corridor and unlocked it, revealing the most luxurious suite in the entire hotel – a suite that was always reserved for him.

"Please, have a seat. I'll be back in five minutes," Rajiv said as he stepped onto the balcony.

Reva watched him leave and wondered what was going on. She heard him making a phone call from the balcony, discussing something about being ready. He cut the call, re-entered the room, and found Reva still standing by the door.

"Look, Ms. Shukla, we came here to talk . And if you're not feeling comfortable, take a look at this," he pulled out his phone and called someone, putting the call on speaker.

"Hello, Ronny, I am here with Ms. Shukla. If she doesn't come out of this suite within half an hour, call the police," he announced to the person on the line before ending the call. He turned to Reva and said, "Let's talk now."

Both of them were seated on chairs beside the bed, with a small table between them. Reva looked at him with curiosity and asked, "Tell me, what was all that and what do you want to talk about?"

Rajiv took a deep breath and replied, "Listen carefully to what I'm going to say until the end." Reva nodded in agreement, her attention fully on him.

"I want to marry you," he stated. Reva's cheeks blushed slightly, but she quickly cleared her throat.

Rajiv continued, "I want to marry you, but only for one year." This time, her blush was accompanied by a tinge of anger.

"Are you out of your mind?" Reva retorted.

"Listen to my side first, and then you can say whatever you want," Rajiv urged, his tone serious.

Despite her anger, Reva kept her gaze on him as he continued, "I want to marry you because of a personal problem. But during this one year, we can continue living our lives as we are now. It would be a marriage on paper, presented to my family. And in return, I'll forgive the 10 million debt."

He rushed through his explanation, causing her anger to intensify. "I know rich people can be selfish, but I never thought they could stoop so low as to deceive their own family for their benefit," Reva exclaimed, grabbing her bag and heading towards the door.

Rajiv, however, wasn't done. "If you want, I can offer you more money," he said in a last-ditch attempt.

Reva clenched her fist and turned back, her voice hard and determined. "I am not some commodity that can be bought or sold for a year. Stop blackmailing me about the 10 million, and I'm going to tell my family the truth today, no matter the consequences."

Rajiv's rage was evident, but he managed to restrain himself. "Think it over wisely. It's only for one year, and we can draft a contract that suits us both."

"Still, my answer remains the same," Reva firmly stated.

Rajiv laughed mockingly. "We'll see about that." Just then, there was a knock on the door. Rajiv opened it to reveal his lawyer, Daksh. He handed a file to Rajiv, then glanced at Reva before asking Rajiv, "Are you sure about this?"

Rajiv nodded while perusing the agreement, and handed a copy to Reva. "Take your time to read it thoroughly. You have until tomorrow to make your decision. Tomorrow is the last day for you to pay me."

Reva's frustration peaked as she exclaimed, "You're so cheap. I hate you," before storming out of the room.

Daksh looked at Rajiv, puzzled. "Why are you putting her through all this if you appear innocent?"

Rajiv sighed, his eyes heavy. "I know, but it's crucial for my family. Family is everything to me."

Daksh raised an eyebrow. "So, are you really planning to marry her? Why did you choose her?"

Rajiv didn't provide an answer and left the room, leaving Daksh to ponder. "There's more to this, I can sense it. Perhaps that girl will make you feel something."

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I Hope You Like It.......

Waiting for Reva's Answer

Please press the star button

Take care 😇

Thank you 😊😊