Twenty Three (Aaj Din Chadheya Tere Rang Warga)

Reva's POV:

Sai took me to Rajiv's bedroom, which is now officially our bedroom. I was surprised by the interior design of the room. It's so beautiful. I noticed a large picture of Rajiv hanging over the bed wall. There's an attached balcony with a small swing there. I explored every corner of the room when suddenly something hit me – the bed was beautifully decorated. Oh no, I had forgotten it's our wedding night. But then again, we did mention in the contract that we wouldn't cross any lines.

My mind chimed in, "But he's so attractive, Reva."
My heart countered, "Oh, shut up! It's not a real marriage."
Mind: "Actually, it is. They did every ritual."
Heart: "But it's a contract marriage."
Mind: "Don't be naive! Look at him, he's handsome, hot, and well-built. He definitely has a six-pack

I gulped nervously and grabbed a glass of milk from the side table, downing it in one breath. I felt my heartbeat quicken and put my hand over my chest. Suddenly, I sensed someone's gaze on me. I looked up and saw Rajiv standing there, wearing a grey T-shirt and black pajama pants. His shirt showcased his muscles, making my heart race even more. He seemed to notice my gaze and started walking towards me.

Reva: "What is he thinking? Why is he coming closer? If he tries anything, I swear he'll regret it." I was lost in my thoughts when he stood right in front of me. I raised my eyes to meet his, and we locked our gazes. Rajiv's hand landed on my right cheek, and he brought his face closer to mine, dangerously close to my lips.

Reva: "What are you doing, Mr. Mahnotra?" I asked, my voice was shaky.

Rajiv brought his thumb to my lips and then gestured towards a spot on my lips, and rub it lightly.He then placed his hands on both my shoulders, turned me around to face a mirror, and pointed to my lips in the reflection.indicating there was milk. He cleaned it gently. He whispered in my ear, "Don't worry, I won't do anything."

He left me there lost in my thoughts as he went to the bathroom. When he returned, I was still standing, my eyes locked on the bed,murmuring something to myself. He joined me by the bed, standing on the opposite side.

Rajiv: "What are you looking at? It's just a bed," he said casually.

I managed a humorless laugh and retorted, "Oh, thank you for enlightening me. Because clearly, I have no idea, right?" My tone was dripping with sarcasm. He seemed to catch the tone and started to say something, but I interrupted, "You know what, I'll just go to sleep," I said, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the whole situation and so tired.
He watched me for a moment, a strange look in his eyes, and then he simply nodded.

Author Pov

"Let's sleep now," Rajiv suggested.
Reva replied, "Okay, you can take the sofa." She said casually.
Rajiv looked surprised, "What? Have you forgotten this is my room?"
Reva dramatically placed her hand on her chest and crossed her arms, "Oh, have you forgotten that I'm your wife now? According to the vows, everything of yours is also mine, so this room belongs to me as well."

Rajiv responded with a sarcastic tone, "Alright then, you can take the sofa." He went to the bed and lay down, facing the other side. Reva positioned herself facing his back. Suddenly, he turned around and suggested, "Or you can take the other side of the bed, and don't worry, I won't do anything." He added a wink, which only fueled Reva's irritation.

Reva said, "Mr. Mahnotra, I'll go to Dadi and inform her." As she was about to leave the room, he responded, "Alright, tell her, Mrs. Mahnotra, that you're not ready to share a bed with your husband." She stopped in her tracks, and he continued with a smirk, "Because I'll tell her that I have no problem sleeping with my wife on the same bed." Reva's face instantly turned red upon hearing his cheesy comment. Rajiv walked to the door, opened it, smirked at her, and added, "Go ahead, tell her." Reva shot angry glances at him and headed towards the closet room, while Rajiv smiled and returned to the bed