Twenty Four (Le Jaaye Jaane Kaha Hawayein)

The car pulled up in front of the mansion, and Rajat stepped out. He had come to pick up Reva for the pagphera rasam. Dadi was sitting in the hall, and upon seeing Rajat, she stood up and greeted him, "Rajat beta aao , aao." (Rajat, come my child)

Rajat approached dadi and touched her feet in a sign of respect. Dadi, in her usual playful manner, commented, "I've become so old that everyone these days wants to touch my feet."

Rajat chuckled at her remark and replied, "No, dadi, you still look as beautiful as ever, just like you were in your 20s."

Dadi blushed at the compliment and gestured for Rajat to take a seat. She explained that Reva was in her room resting, and she would call her down soon. Rajat settled into a seat and glanced around the hall, looking for someone.

As Rajat sat in the hall, engrossed in his phone, he suddenly sensed the presence of someone else. He turned his head and his gaze fell upon Sai. She was walking towards him, carrying multiple bags, and it seemed like she was muttering to herself.

"He bhagwan,Sab kaam muze hi karna padta hai," ("Oh God, I have to do all the work," )
Sai's voice carried a mixture of annoyance and exasperation. She continued, her head slightly bowed as she focused on the bags in her hands, "Dadi, kaha ho aap, ye lo apke gifts aa gaye. Sab apni shopping mujhse karavati hai." ("Grandmother, where are you, here are your gifts. Everyone gets their shopping done through me.")

Rajat watched her with mild amusement as she appeared to be talking to herself. He observed her as she placed the bags on the table, her attention fully absorbed in her task.

Sai's voice echoed through the hall as she continued her monologue, mostly unaware of Rajat's presence.

Lost in her own world, Sai continued to unload the bags onto the table. She seemed entirely absorbed in her task, her attention fixed on arranging the items she had brought. Her lively chatter continued, a blend of frustration and humor evident in her words.

"Heeeyyy Oldy, dekho apki gifts leke aa gayi main. Kay karna hai dadi ko itna ab? Sab janjhat abhi, apni saari saheliyo ko jealousy karne ke liye. Itne mahnge gifts mangvae hai.("Heyyy Oldy, look, I've brought your gifts. What should I do with you, Dadi? All this hassle right now, just to make all your friends jealous. I've brought such expensive gifts,")she said.

" kay kar rahe hain bhaiya, aap yaha pe rakhiye na vo bag." "What are you doing, brother? Please keep that bag here,") She said one of the Buttlers. Her voice resonated in the room.
Rajat was sitting there watching her every move sharply, who couldn't help but find amusement in her antics.

As Sai continued to busy herself by arranging the gifts and playfully talking to herself, she was entirely unaware of Rajat's presence on the nearby sofa.

When she turned around to call out to Dadi again, her eyes finally fell upon Rajat. Caught in the act of watching her, he appeared almost entranced by the scene unfolding before him.
As Sai went about her tasks, her genuine efforts were visible. The sweat on her forehead, the heena-stained hands, and the rosy hue on her cheeks from the sun's touch all combined to create an image that Rajat found strangely mesmerizing. Her look gives a hard time to him, It was as if he was witnessing a side of her that he hadn't before, a side that made her look ethereal even in her everyday activities.

Caught in this unexpected moment of vulnerability, their eyes met. A spark of connection passed between them, a shared understanding of this unspoken exchange. Rajat's throat tightened as he observed a bead of sweat trailing down Reva's cheek and disappearing into her neckline.Sai's own surprise at his focused attention painted her gaze. For a brief instant, the world around them seemed to fade, leaving only the two of them entangled in an unspoken connection that hinted at something deeper.