┌SIXTEEN┐

Jungkook found himself in a state of uncertainty. 

Jungkook and Taehyung had arrived at the mansion only to discover police officers swarming the area, searching for him. Jungkook was certain that the mafia members were lurking nearby, waiting for him as well.

Jungkook's voice trembled as he uttered- "Oh God, Taehyung, what do we do now?" Tears streamed down his face once again, and Taehyung stood silently in the dark alleyway. "I-I left my phone in the mansion, and I have to retrieve it before someone else does," Jungkook managed to say, his face buried in his hands as he struggled to contain his sobs.

"Take a deep breath. I'll go get it," Taehyung assured him, adjusting his cap. Jungkook sniffled. "Just wait here," Taehyung added.

Jungkook felt a lump in his throat as he watched Taehyung sprint away. Jungkook desperately hoped Taehyung would succeed in retrieving the cellphone. It was crucial for him to have it, as it was the only way he could bring justice to Lacey.

Every passing second felt like an eternity, and Jungkook's anxiety grew. His heart raced, and the tears on his cheeks had dried. He paced back and forth, biting his knuckles, nervously awaiting Taehyung's return.

Negative thoughts flooded his mind, and he worried that someone might have caught Taehyung. Or worse, what if they had killed him, just like his parents? Jungkook shook his head, fidgeting with his fingers. He shouldn't entertain such thoughts. Taehyung was strong and capable of protecting himself from the dangers he faced.

Jungkook flinched and took a step back when he heard footsteps approaching. Nervously, he gulped and let out a sigh of relief when he realized it was only Taehyung.

"Damn, you scared me for a moment," Jungkook said, inhaling deeply. Taehyung hummed in response, handing him the cellphone. Jungkook quickly enveloped Taehyung in a tight embrace. "Thank you," he whispered before releasing his hold.

Taehyung nodded. "For now, it would be wise to seek a location distant from our present whereabouts and devise a strategic approach. Both the authorities and the general public are actively pursuing you, perceiving you as a criminal. Hence, it is imperative that we formulate a concrete plan instead of aimlessly meandering about." Taehyung suggested, his voice deep yet gentle. Jungkook nodded and then flinched when Taehyung's cellphone rang. Taehyung answered the call, seemingly unfazed as he engaged in the conversation, occasionally humming. He ended the call and looked at Jungkook.

"Jimin informed me that you have been expelled from the university as a consequence of the recent incident. Moreover, the professors have raised suspicions regarding my involvement since I have also been absent." Taehyung informed him, tucking his cellphone back into his pocket.

Jungkook's eyes widened, and he struggled to find his voice as tears welled up once more. "Oh god... I'm so sorry for dragging you into this mess. I-I don't want you to suffer because of me. You can tell everyone that you have no connection to me. I'm sorry-" Jungkook stammered.

Taehyung shook his head. "Jungkook, I'm your-" he paused, unsure of the right term to use. "-bodyguard. You are under my care. Let's not focus on that. Currently, we must find a suitable location for you to reside while we determine how to extricate you from this difficult situation." Taehyung said in a soothing tone, grasping Jungkook's hands and squeezing them reassuringly.

Jungkook bit his lip and nodded. "I'm incredibly grateful to you," he whispered, then shifted his gaze to their intertwined hands. "And. . I'm sorry for what happened that day. I went too far and shouldn't have acted that way. I was just overwhelmed and. . I'm sorry. Jungkook looked up, meeting Taehyung's eyes.

Despite the darkness, Jungkook could perceive a slight gleam in Taehyung's eyes and a faint twist of his lips, which quickly disappeared as Taehyung cleared his throat. "Let's go to a hotel for tonight. You must be exhausted after all this," Taehyung suggested, taking hold of Jungkook's arm and leading him to a hotel located far away from the mansion, in a secluded area.

Jungkook partially concealed his face with his cap as they approached the receptionist, who wore a faint smile. "How can I assist you, sir?" She inquired, prompting Taehyung to momentarily close his mouth.

Taehyung requested. "There is availability for two people for the next 24 hours, and it is necessary to have a variety of lubricants and soundproofing." This surprised the woman and left Jungkook utterly bewildered."

"Uh, sure." She hesitated, glancing at the computer screen before retrieving a key from a nearby table and placing it on the counter. "It's room 448," she whispered softly.

Taehyung placed the money on the counter before swiftly taking hold of the keys. "Shall we get going right away?" Taehyung asked, causing Jungkook to blush and nod in agreement.

Holy fuck, what on earth was going on-