┌SEVEN┐

"Wait, you sat on his WHAT-" Hoseok exclaimed, setting the empty beer can down on the desk. Hoseok glanced at his roommate, Yoongi, who appeared unbothered and wore a somber expression.

The boys were gathered in Hoseok and Yoongi's room, discussing their week and various other topics. Taehyung was absent, claiming he had errands to run. "You should have sat on other things besides his face," Jin remarked, exhaling and then sighing. Jungkook blushed and looked down.

"Well, at least it's progress. Now you can just confess your feelings and whatever the hell you have for him." Jimin affirmed, clapping his hands together with excitement. Namjoon, sitting beside him, appeared bored.

"I don't trust Taehyung," Yoongi declared, rising from the bed and glancing at the five boys scattered around the room.

"There's something he's hiding from us, and his behavior is suspicious. I don't understand why you guys are friends with him when we know nothing about him." Yoongi's tone was harsh, his words laced with frustration.

The room fell silent, and Jungkook clenched his fists, looking down from his spot on the floor. "I don't even understand why Jungkook is so infatuated with him. All we know is his name, nothing more. Do any of you know about his family or what he went through before coming here? We know nothing about his past! He could even be a fugitive for all we know," Yoongi continued to vent, storming out of the room, angry at his own friends.

Jungkook interrupted, making the other boys look at him with confusion. "I know he may be involved in criminal activities, but he genuinely cares about me and has even saved me. He's always by my side, so what more could I ask for?" Jungkook spoke softly, his eyes pleading as he looked at Yoongi.

"You guys are the ones who know me the best, and I trust you with everything that happens in my life. So, I don't care if you accept my feelings for Taehyung or not, but please refrain from saying negative things about him in front of me and telling me not to love him." Jungkook stood up and walked past Yoongi.

"You've upset him now. Way to go, idiot!" Jimin snapped, and Yoongi frowned, rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms. Jungkook took a deep breath, feeling disappointed by Yoongi's words, and made his way back to his room.

Perhaps he was right, Jungkook thought. But now, what could he do? It wasn't his fault that Taehyung was always by his side, making it impossible for Jungkook not to develop stronger feelings for him.

Jungkook stepped out of the dormitory building, hoping to find Taehyung. Jungkook took a deep breath, took out his cellphone, and considered calling Taehyung. His parents' number appeared on the screen, making Jungkook growl in frustration.

Jungkook quickly answered the call and held the phone to his ear, taking another deep breath. "Jungkook, how are you doing?" Jungkook's mother's cheerful voice brought a small smile to his face.

"Mom! It's been a while," Jungkook chuckled, his eyes shining brightly. "I'm fine! How about you?"

"I'm fine too. It has been a while, my son."

"How is dad?" Jungkook asked, his thoughts now completely focused on his family rather than Taehyung.

"He's doing well too, and we both miss you dearly." Jungkook hummed absentmindedly. "I'm sorry."

Jungkook scowled. "Sorry for what?"

"I'm sorry for arranging a bodyguard without your consent."

Jungkook paused for a moment, processing his mother's words. "A... bodyguard?" Jungkook whispered, his eyes widening in disbelief.

"Look, we didn't want to make you uncomfortable by constantly having someone around, but after you were kidnapped before, we don't want a similar incident to occur again. Understand? We love you, Jungkook, and we only want the best for you."

"Why are you here? You should be with the others right now," Jungkook flinched at the unexpected voice behind him. Jungkook turned around to face Taehyung, who raised an eyebrow as he looked at him.

Jungkook's voice became trapped in his throat as he listened to his mother's words. Gradually, his expression turned vacant.

"I'll speak with you later, mom." With those words, Jungkook moved the cellphone away and turned his attention back to Taehyung, clenching his teeth together. Taehyung's face twisted slightly in a scowl.

"So, I guess you're the bodyguard my mom mentioned, huh?" Jungkook blurted out, his tone filled with pain and his filled with rage.

Taehyung froze.

Jungkook's eyes welled up with tears as he stared at Taehyung skeptically. "And here I thought you actually cared about me! But now you're telling me you've only been doing all of this because it's your damn duty?!" Jungkook snapped, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Taehyung paused once again, taking a few moments to collect his thoughts. "I genuinely care about you," Taehyung said to Jungkook, who remained skeptical. "Yes, it is my responsibility, but beyond that, I truly care about you," Taehyung reassured him, using his thumbs to wipe away Jungkook's tears.

"Do you know why I'm grateful for this task? It allows me to protect you and be by your side without seeming strange," Taehyung spoke softly as he pulled Jungkook into a tight embrace, his hands gently caressing him. "Please don't doubt my feelings. You will always be my top priority," Taehyung whispered, soothingly rubbing Jungkook's back.

Jungkook nodded, sniffling against Taehyung's shoulder, and returned the hug.