┌TWELVE┐

Jungkook despises his life.

Jungkook had lost track of time, but now his hands were restrained by handcuffs and the blindfold had finally been removed. Jungkook realized he was in a spacious bedroom equipped with everything he could possibly need, including a fully functional TV and a glass of water on the nightstand.

As Jungkook got up from the bed and approached the window, he discovered that he was trapped in a grand mansion, unable to escape due to the presence of thorny vines and flowers outside. It was nighttime, and the lampposts illuminated the streets.

Realizing it was a futile attempt, Jungkook decided to explore the room and search for clues. Despite his tied-up hands, he managed to grab the remote control and turned on the TV, hoping to find answers.

Jungkook let go of the controller as his attention was caught by the news flashing on the television. The report detailed the tragic fate of his parents, causing Jungkook's eyes to swell up with tears.

Exhaustion had taken its toll on him, as he hadn't slept in days. Every time he attempted to rest, the sounds of gunshots and people's agonizing screams would jolt him awake.

Despite his circumstances, Jungkook felt a strange sense of fortune compared to those who had been mercilessly killed by the gang outside. He found himself confined to a room, living like a king, albeit with handcuffs.

The gang members, in an ironic twist, would bring him food and inquire about his needs, despite the fact that they were responsible for his parents' deaths, which he had witnessed firsthand.

Ky would occasionally come over to visit Jungkook, asking how he was doing. This bothered Jungkook a lot because it seemed ironic that the same people who had killed his family were now showing care toward him.

Jungkook was startled when the door suddenly opened and became angry when he saw Ky. "Why are you here?" Jungkook asked angrily. Ky grinned and said- "I have a surprise for you. Follow me, or I'll drag you out of here."

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook reluctantly nodded and did as Ky told him. They stood in the middle of the hallway, where Jungkook noticed some gang members wearing masks and dressed in black suits and white shirts. It seemed like some sort of dress code.

"Look who's there!"

And Jungkook froze.

The unmistakable voice that Jungkook could never erase from his memory. The voice continued to haunt him relentlessly, even to this day. It was this very voice that triggered Jungkook's social anxiety, prompting him to relocate to Seoul and strive for a life of normalcy. Despite the passage of time, Jungkook still harbored a deep fear of that very same voice. The voice that inflicted everlasting scars upon Jungkook. The man who abducted Jungkook and subjected him to a harrowing ordeal for three consecutive months.

"It's really pleasant to encounter you once more, Jungkook. I never anticipated that you would survive and escape from this place."

Jungkook observed the individual standing on the staircase, with his impeccable colored blond hair and blue contact lenses that added a distinct sharpness to his eyes, giving off an air of malevolence.

Jungkook gulped.

Despite pretending to be fine, Jungkook couldn't conceal the emotions he had suppressed within himself. He attempted to escape his past, but the haunting nightmares persisted. His efforts to conceal his pain were in vain as the wounds resurfaced once again. Ultimately, he found himself confronting the very nightmare he had been running from.

"Oh, are you taken aback by my presence?" The man inquired with a cunning grin, descending the staircase. It nearly brought Jungkook to tears.

Jungkook felt a sudden halt in his breathing as the man positioned himself directly in front of him, thoroughly scanning him from head to toe.

"I wanna kill you, but your luck has changed since my son has feelings for you, so I can't really act upon it due to my son's involvement."

The man emitted a low-toned voice, causing Jungkook to instinctively retreat a step.

"Why have I been brought here? If you were aware of my presence, why didn't you abduct me earlier? Is it because your son wishes to marry me, or is it actually because you still intend to do to me what you did to Lacey and then kill me?" Jungkook stammered, his expression turning fearful as the man burst into laughter.

"I must acknowledge that was my initial intention, to kill you for witnessing that scene but my son rendered me powerless. It is undeniable that you currently hold a huge place in my son's life, even though I must express disappointment toward him for having feelings for you and failing in his assigned task."

The man let out a soft laugh, causing Jungkook to skip a few heartbeats.

"And I'm bringing you here because I'll be departing this country soon, handing over its reign to my cherished son. Before I depart, I would like to witness your wedding with him." The man responded, directing his gaze toward Ky. "Take him inside and secure him tightly. He tends to be quite rebellious and is an expert at running away," he added.

Ky hummed.

This is bad..

Jungkook took a long, profound breath.

Taehyung, where are you..?