Chapter 1 The Curse Of Power

Start from the beginning

“Hey Dimi!”

“Hey Bree, excited for school?”

“Yeah, I missed you over the summer.”

He laughed, “Yeah? I missed you too and you don’t bother asking me if am excited? What a friend you are,” he’s never serious around me usually and I heard that smile in his voice, I rolled my eyes

“Are you excited for school?”

“Yeah, first year of high school, even though we are still going to the same school, but different rules make the biggest difference.” The bus finally arrive, the bus drive called out, “Just you two today?”

“I guess Howard,” and we climb abroad. The bus is usually full, but today there are three other people on the bus where is everyone?

“I’m not sure maybe they got sick and had to miss there first day of school?” Dimi is strange its like he can read my mind, but only mine, no one else. Maybe he has powers too but I never said anything about my curse or anything that involve with that topic. I don’t want to be crazy again. We sat in the back, heads bent and whispered to each other. If someone got on this bus all they see in the back is two fuzzy blond heads in the back. People actually mistaken of Dimi and I for being twins because actually we look so much a like, same type of hair, eyes colors, and skin tone, only difference is that Dimi is a head taller that me. Makes me wonder if I was adopted in my family, but no way am I adopted, but Dimi was. He never met his parents and I always feel bad for him, but he has the best stepparents anybody could dream of, they are so nice and polite. I love them like they are my parents and they treat me like I’m there daughter and on the other hand, my parents despise Dimi for some reason. We finally made it to the school. My locker was on the first floor and Dimi’s was on the third floor. We have the same classes together, which is odd because we love all the same things, but only way to split the girls from the boys if our lockers were on different floors, totally bogus but its like that.

“See you in class,” Dimi waved and headed to his locker.

“Save me a seat,” I yelled to him and he turns around and gives me the thumbs up.

I start to organized my locker when a girl my age says, “I’m Laurie, I guess were locker mates for the year” I turn around and shake her hand, there isn’t enough lockers for everyone to get their own locker, some people were lucky, guess I wasn’t, plus its our first year of having locker since anybody under high school have to put their stuff in their home rooms, but doesn’t bring me down one bit for having a locker mate, new people, new friends is what my daddy always says, “Nice to meet you, I’m Brianna, but people call me Bree” I turn back to grab my stuff and make room for her and headed for class.

As I entered my class on the second floor the classroom was already full of people and the bell hasn’t even rung yet. I poke my way to the back where Dimi was saving my seat. My vision started to swirl with all the colors but I ignored it and found my way back to the class and blinked the colors away.

“Couldn’t pick a better seat?”

“I like the back, you always get away with things and you know that we both hate science,” I laugh because we know that’s so true. The teacher comes in right at the bell.

“Take a seat children,” Mr. Norm, or what people calls him Mr. Nasty. Everyone knows every teacher in the school by grade 5 and their nicknames. Everyone took his or her seats.

“I’m going through attendance, so when you are called say here and that’s all” he looks at Toby, our class clown, “Understood Mr. Gibbs?

“Yes sir” he nodded. Mr. Nasty looks down to the attendance sheet and started to call names.

“Fran Alexander?”

“Here” she called somewhere from the right of me.

“Brian Allston?”

“Here” a deep voice from the front of the class and it went like that for two minutes.

“Brianna Waters?”

“Here” I called.

“Dimitrius Wetmore?”

“Here” Dimi said and people giggled at that because of his last name and that we look a like and have the same element in our names. School was something like that for the rest of the day.

I got home and brought Dimi with me.

“Hey Mom, I brought Dimi with me home” I called to her.

“Why did you bring that boy here, I thought I said you were banned from him?” she calls back from the living room

“Yeah Mom, that was only for the summer?” I heard her muttered or that was her thoughts that I heard from her, its hard to tell.

“Sorry for the attitude from my family” I said to him

“It’s okay, I understand why they be impolite with me” 

we headed to my room to do some homework.