"I could leave"

"So nothing unusual then?"

"You are one petty woman, I hope Wally never breaks your heart." Artemis smirked "I plan on setting fire to his sneakers if he does" Shadow's lip quirked "He's been checking you out, you know?" They turned to Barbara who was standing next to Shadow, holding up her clip board, the latter raising a brow "I am aware of his intense gaze"

Barbara's eyes widened "Then why don't you talk to him?" She questioned "Darling, I hardly talk to all of you, do you honestly believe I would talk to him?" She looked at the boy who smirked at her, sunglasses and all "I wish nothing more than to ask him to stop."

Artemis scoffed "Not a fan" Barbara shook her head "Rodrick Ranks. He's sweet. I have AP calc with him"

"Then should you not be the one to 'ask him out' ?" Barbara blushed, shaking her head "She likes someone else, she won't tell me who it is" Shadow's brows furrowed "Why not? Is he truly such an embarrassment?"

"What? No!" She immediately denied "He just doesn't look at me like that..." The halls door opened to reveal more people who had been part of the decorating committee and others who had been asked by their friends to help out "What an odd man, a beautiful woman cannot garner his attention, he must be blind" Barbara blushed before clearing her throat

"Alright, we just need to put up a few more posters for Bette then we can—is that a sports car?" She questioned as she lifted her gaze from the clipboard towards the back entrance gates where there was indeed a red sports car making it's way down towards the campus. Artemis groaned "Bette is going to lose her head"

"You're damn right she is! What the hell is that?"

"A car" Shadow stated. She had set the box down and began to hang posters properly in order to be done with the work faster and leave "Jee, I didn't notice" The blonde drawled out sarcastically "I meant what the hell is it doing here? Is he even allowed to do this?"

"I don't think there's a rule against campaigning with a car" Bette groaned "There wasn't even going to be a campaign. I need a sports car" Artemis nodded in agreement "Don't we all?"

"That's it, I'm gonna need to cash in a few favours." She turned to look at Artemis "Please tell me you know someone who owns a car better than that"

"I don't" Bette sighed and nodded "Damn it. Barb you better have my speech ready and new girl, you and I are gonna spy on their campaign later"

"Must we?"

"Yes, we must" She gripped Shadow's hand and the girl, thankfully, didn't put Bette six feet under for the very unwelcome touch to her wrist. But, the man who had been eyeing Shadow was walking upto them and Bette stopped in her tracks.

"What do you think you're doing, Ranks?" She questioned with narrowed eyes. The man in question shrugged, handing his campaign poster to one of his friends. The boy took off his sunglasses and smiled at Shadow with a wink before looking at Bette "Winning"

He turned to Barabara "Hey Barb" The redhead waved back but Bette glared at her 

"I was running unopposed"

"And now I stand in opposition. Funny thing, I needed a credit score and this is the easiest thing in the world"

"You don't even care about the student body" The boy shrugged, slightly in mocking offence "I care" Shadow had successfully removed herself from Bette's grip. The boy smirked and stepped closer "You know, haven't seen you around here, If I had, you'd be on my team"