!2012! Donnie x F!reader

Rain poured onto the pavement of the new York city road you were walking on as you headed to the manhole cover to visit your crush and his brothers

It was peaceful today. Which was odd, a bit of rain never stopped the bustling city of new york. But today was different.

The streets lay empty, the street vendors were closed up and not many stores were open.

You wondered absentmindly if today was a holiday of some sort as you pryed the manhole cover off and covered your nose.

The smell of raw sewage will never NOT make you recoil. You supressed a gag and hopped down.

The murky water siting in a puddle underneath you splashed and got your shoes wet, which wasn't a problem because you were in rain boots.

It's not just the rain new York got most days of the year that made you by the shoes.

you wore them everytime you went down here. You weren't going to soak a pair of your sneakers in sewage water.

You trudged through the puddles laying across the dirty stone of the matance tunnel leading to the subway terminal the turtles had made their home in. 

They must have heard you coming before seeing you, because once you entered through the gates at the front the whole place was still.

An episode of space hero's echoed through the tunnel as you realized that you hadn't let your presence be known yet.

"Hey guys!"

You called, the sound if your voice reverberating off the stone walls and echoing. After another still moment the boys seemed to materialize into the living room with relaxed expressions. 

"Y/n you really need to call us before you come over, we thought you were the foot."

Leo said sternly.

"I did call."

"Oh that's my bad bros, I forgot to tell ya y/n was comin' over."

Mikey rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as all the brothers groaned.

You giggled and shrugged off your coat.

"It's alright mikey, just please try not to give your brothers more heart attacks okay?"

"I make no promises dude (ette)."

You rolled your eyes and shared a light hearted chuckle as mikey and the rest semi-dispersed. Donnie lingered and you felt that fimilar tightening in your chest.

"Hey donnie!"

You waved, a bit too enthusiasticly. Donnie didn't seem to notice though, or if he did he was polite enough not to comment on it.

"Hey y/n how uh..how-how's it going?"

Donnie stammered, unable to look at your smiling face for too long.

"It's been alright."

You sighed.

"I got to thank you for saving my butt on my math test, I wouldn't have passed without you."

"Oh I-I wouldn't say that. Your a fast learner! It was just,a matter of finding a learning style to suit you."

He paused and looked at you again, his face reddening upon seeing the endearing smile you had on your face and the flash of pride in your eyes.

He chuckled nervously.

"Thanks Donnie. Got any new projects your working on?"

"Only chemical formulas."

"More? How much does one person need?"

"Trick question. One turtle can never have too much chemical formulas."

"Your such a dork."

"I am, so what? I'm not ashamed of it."

You giggled and got an idea.

"You think you can take a quick break?"

"Uh..depends what for."

He saw your frown and hastily added.

"Though I'll gladly do a favor for you y/n!"

"It's not a favor nerd, I want to go play in the rain with you!."

"Play in the rain?"

He echoed, tilting his head in confusion. You nodded your head excitedly.

"Yes! Come on it will be fun!"

"I appreciate it Y/n, I do but uh..if you haven't noticed I can't really uh..go outside in the daytime."

"No one's outside right now!"

Donnie gave you a look of doubt and you sighed heavily.

"Why would I lie to you?"

"I'm- I'm not saying you would! I'm just...it's very unlikey no one is outside right now. It's new york."

"I saw it while coming here with my own two eyes. Either say no or come with me."

Donnie sighed, thinking it over for a few silent moments. Eventually he looked up at you and sagged his shoulders.

"Alright I'll go wi-"

You grabbed his arm and ran twords the ladder that led outside out of the termanal.

Once donnie goy over the shock of being tugged along he picked you up and ran with you geld in his arms bridal style.

You yelped at first and clung onto him like a wet cat, bit eventually you got a bit used to it.

Once you reached the ladder you made him let go of you and climbed up the slimy ladder to the top.

It was still raining, and it was still quiet.

You sighed contently and climbed all the way through, pulled Donnie up behind you and swirling around with your arms outstretched.

Donnie watched you, a bit breathless by your apperence. You seemed so..lively and well..alive.

You stomped in rain puddles lined in oil and twirled your body while laughing.

"Come on donnie!"

you grabbed his hands and spun him around.

He felt the cool water splash against his shell and hit his skin..it had been forever since he could actually just enjoy rain.

He laughed lightly and spun you around, dancing with you.

You two danced in the rain, enjoying the company of each other and the miracle of silence.