34

Lisa

Jennie jerked awake quickly, and jumped a mile, almost falling off the bed because I'd practically shouted in her ear. "What? What's wrong?" she cried, looking at me with wide eyes.

I looked at her with her eyes all big, lines of sleep on her face, her clothes all wrinkled and I burst out laughing. She had never looked more beautiful. I don't know how that worked though, because I had the same thought every time I woke up and saw her in the morning.

She looked at me confused, and then I suddenly remembered why I woke her up in the first place. I felt the smile stretch across my face, I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me again. "I can feel my legs a little," I told her, watching as the words sunk in.

Her mouth dropped open, her eyes looked down towards my feet. Suddenly she let out and excited little squeal and clamped her hand over her mouth as she started giggling. She jumped out of the bed, bouncing on the spot like a little girl who just got a brand new bike.

"Holy crap, Lisa! Really? Oh thank God! Really?" she asked, her hands hovering near my thighs as if she wanted to touch me but wasn't sure if she should.

I laughed and nodded, I could feel relieved tears building in my eyes. It was a start, but it was a good start, wasn't it? She squealed again and then burst into tears, pressing her face into my chest. I stroked the back of her head as I tried to move my legs. I couldn't move them properly but I could move my toes a little. It was like when you'd been sitting in the same position for a long time and your legs went numb, you knew they were there and you could move them a little, but you just didn't have much control over them.

I kissed the top of her head. Maybe it was all about waiting after all, maybe the longer we waited the better it would get, hopefully this wasn't just it, a little feeling in my legs. Hopefully as the swelling went down even more I'd get more movement back.

She sniffed loudly and pushed herself up, wiping her eyes, a beautiful smile stretched across her face. "I'll buzz for the doctors," she said, her voice all husky and thick through sleep and crying.

I grabbed her hand to stop her as I suddenly realised something else I could feel too. "Um Jennie bear, just wait a minute, please?" I asked. Shit this was embarrassing!

She sniffed again, wiping her face with the sleeve of her sweater. "Why baby?"

I laughed and pulled her a little closer to me again. "Because I woke up next to you, baby," I croaked, trying to hide my face in her hair.

She looked at me curiously, one eyebrow raised, her red eyes confused. "So?"

I laughed and nodded down towards my feet again. She followed my gaze and started to giggle uncontrollably. She climbed onto the bed next to me again, blushing and biting her lip.

"I do tend to have that effect on you in the mornings," she breathed, her hand sliding down my chest, heading towards the tent I was making with the blankets. I laughed as she kissed my neck, making my body feel a little hot. I wanted her. Even through the pain in my back she was still managing to turn me on, stupid damn hormones! If I could, I would pull the covers up over our heads and make love to her until the sun came up, but I guess it was one step at a time. At least I knew that wouldn't be a problem now.

I caught her hand, moving it away just as she got close enough to my crotch. "Not helping with the calming down thing there, Jennie bear," I laughed, trying to think of anything other than her, so I could calm my body down.

She smiled against my neck, "Fine baby, think of something un-sexy," she teased, rolling away from me, propping herself up on her elbow, watching me with a huge smile on her a few minutes of laying there with my eyes closed, thinking about football, I was finally ok and she could call the doctors in.