5

Jennie

"Hey." Lisa said as I climbed into her car in the morning.

"Hey yourself." I said kissing her cheek, she smiled and I felt my heart speed up.

Ok Jen, just tell her now. "Um, Lisa, I need to tell you something but I don't want you to get annoyed or yell at me or anything, agreed?" I asked nervously playing with my hands in my lap.

"Jennie, I won't get mad I promise, what's wrong?" She asked I could hear the concern in her voice, she pulled into the school car park but we didn't move to get out. I didn't say anything, Oh crap she is going go crazy, she already told me to stay away from him.

"Jennie?" She said quietly, taking my hand and rubbing soothing circles in the back with her thumb.

"Ok well, I went out with GD last night and I'm seeing him again tomorrow" I said quickly looking out of the windshield. She drew in a sharp breath through her teeth and I grimaced ready for her to explode.

"You went out with him?" She whispered, Ok that was not what I expected, I looked over at her, she looked so sad I almost cried. I moved over to sit on her lap and wrapped my arms around her neck putting my forehead to hers.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't like him but he was actually really sweet to me." I said looking at her face, she had her eyes squeezed shut and her hands were clenched into fists on the seat, her jaw clenched tight.

She didn't say anything so I reached down and put her arms around my waist, she didn't unclench her fists but she left her arms around me which I took as a good sign. "It was fun, I had a nice time," I said smiling.

She snapped her eyes open and pulled her head back from mine "Did you sleep with him Jennie?" She asked venomously, I gasped in shock, did I sleep with him? Is she serious?

"How in the hell you ask me that? It was a first date for Christ sake Lisa. Is that what you really think of me? That I'm a slut?" I asked opening her door and climbing out stomping off angrily. The damn girl will sleep with anything that moves but has the nerve to judge me?

I heard footsteps behind me before she grabbed my hand making me stop. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that, I know you wouldn't have, it's just that he's such a player Jennie, that's all he wants you for." She said frowning angrily.

"Oh so the only thing I'm good for is sex right?" I shouted shaking my head at her in disbelief. We were starting to draw a crowd now people were stopping to listen to us shout at each other.

"You know that's not what I think. But he will trust me!" he shouted in my face making me flinch back from the sound of her voice.

"Lisa what the hell? Is it so hard to comprehend that someone might want to be with me for me? You think I'm good for nothing else?" I asked hurt that she could think of me that way.

"Jennie! For God sake! Of course not, You know I love you for you, how the hell could you say that? But he's different, he's so much older than you, he's only going to be after one thing." She said pulling my hand trying to get me to move closer to her. I stood my ground and made her move to me, it was silly but I refuse to be the one to concede, I'd done nothing wrong. She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around me tightly, kissing my temple, "I'm sorry Jennie bear, I am, I didn't mean it like that. Please, I'm sorry, I just, I don't like that guy, I don't trust him." She whispered in my ear making me shiver as tingles spread down my body.

"Well you don't have to like him Lisa, but you can put this grudge against him aside for me, can't you?" I asked quietly wrapping my arms around her and burying my face in her neck.