live a little

July 13th, 2007

Arizona POV

Madeleine and I had been discussing things we could do for the week coming up. We both kind of wanted to get out of town, but we had no ideas of what to even do.

"What if we left tomorrow and went on a week long road trip just the two of us?", she asks looking at me with a tilted head.

"Where would we go?", I ask back and she hums.

"I mean does it matter? We could just pack up somethings, and go for a nice long drive?", she asks back with a soft smile.

"I mean I'm fine with going on a road trip, there's a lot of cool places we could go. So if you want to we can", I tell her back and she nods a little frantically.

"I want to yes", she says with a huge smile.

"Okay then I'll ask dad if we could borrow the jeep and the tent", I say to her and she smiles.

Just as I was about to stand up to go ask my dad, my nana walked into the living room. She smiled at the two of us as we both were just casually lounging on the one couch.

"So what are your guys plans for the next week?", my nana asks and I shrug.

"We were just thinking about going on a little road trip for the week", Madeleine says and my nana smiles.

"I know I kind of overheard as I was walking over to sit with you both", my nana says and I smiled a little.

"But I do think you both should go out and explore. Live a little. I mean I loved road trips at your age. I still love being out on the road", my nana says and I hummed a little.

"I haven't been on a proper road trip in a long time, so I really am looking forward to seeing more of Texas and possibly surrounding states", Madeleine says and I felt bad for her.

I always knew that her home life was much different than mine ever was, but I never realized how many things she actually missed out on.

I do want to go on this road trip so badly not only for me, but also for her. I just have that weird feeling that my dad will need the jeep.

I wanted to speak up and say something, but my nana beat me to it, "You girls can always take the camper van, I mean we aren't using it currently".

"Plus it would be the cheapest option as the camper van doesn't cost a lot to fill with gas, and it's not like you won't be able to camp out nights at National Parks in it", my nana says and I smiled.

"Are you sure nana?", I ask wanting to be sure and my nana nods with a smile.

"Yes I am sure and Papa won't mind either", my nana says and I looked at Madeleine.

"Road trip?", I ask as I turn to face Madeleine and she smiled widely.

"Yes yes yes", she says getting all excited and my nana laughs.

"Well you'll both just need to come back with us to ours, so you both should go and pack. We will be leaving in a little bit. You both are more than welcomed to just crash in our guest room before hitting the road in the morning", my nana says and I smiled.

"Let's go pack", I say as I stood up and Madeleine immediately jumped up.

I went to walk out, but she spun me around and tossed me over her shoulder. I just shook my head as she carried me up the stairs to my room.

She carried me into my room before plopping me down on my bed. I laughed as she looked at me with a very excited smile.

"So wait what do I pack for a road trip?", she asks and I laughed a little.

"Honestly a few pairs of shorts, a bunch of shirts, maybe leggings or a couple pairs for hiking. I would just pack what you think you need", I tell her and she smiles.

"Would you pack for me?", she asks with a goofy pout making my playfully roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I can", I tell her and she smiles.

"But you owe me for this", I say pointing a finger at her and she smirked.

"And your payment cannot be sex", I tell her and she gasped.

"I get to choose what you do to pay me back for packing your things", I say and she just stares at me.

"Okay fine, you can make me do whatever you want, whenever you want", she says and I smiled a little.

I slowly got off my bed before she sat down. I walked over to my closet and pulled out my big traveling bag from the shelf.

I unzipped the bag before laying it flat on the ground. I slowly started packing up whatever I felt we would need before zipping the bag back shut. I grabbed the one handle and just dragged it away from my closet.

Madeleine just laughed as I shut the closet door before walking back over to my bed. I plopped down and looked at her.

"Okay go grab the bathroom things and toss it in the bag", I tell her and she nods.

"And do not think that me asking you to do that was me making you do whatever I want because I can tell you right now, it's not", I tell her and she shook her head as she walked out of my room.

I just laid back on my bed until she walked back in with the things. I propped myself up and watched as she put the few items that we would need in the bag.

I smiled as she zipped it back up before plopping down beside me.

"I think we should head down, I don't want to get too comfortable and have to drag everything down", she says and I laughed a little.

"We can just chill for a little and then go down, I mean we're better off chilling here than on the couch for the next bit", I tell her and she hums a little.

"Are you excited to go on a little adventure?", I ask and she nods a little.

"I'm excited to just be anywhere with you my darling, I'm excited to hit the road and just be able to spend time with you", she says and I smiled a little.

"Well like nana said, we need to live a little", I say and she laughs.

"We need to just run off and do whatever we want for a week, no one there to tell us not to and just let ourselves be free", she says and I nod a little.

"Unplug, and unwind", I say with a soft laugh.

"Exactly, just us and the wilderness", she says and I looked at her.

"I'm really happy that your here with me", I tell her and she looked at me.

"I'm really happy that I am here with you too", she whispers and I smiled a little.

"ARIZONA AND MADELEINE, LET'S GO", I hear my papa yell up and we both laughed as we got off my bed.

"I guess they want to get going", she says and I laugh a little as I went to grab the bag.

"I've got it", she tells me before picking it up.

"Thank you baby", I say with a soft smile.

"Anytime darling", she says back as she throws it over her shoulder.

"Now let's had down, we don't want them to have to drag us down", she says with a faint laugh.

I opened my door and let her walk out ahead of me before following her. My grandparents smiling widely as they stood by the front door while we both walked down to them.

~ ~ ~

(this chapter's title originated from the song "Live a Little", which is sung by Kenny Chesney.)