shut up and kiss me

August 17th, 2006

Madeleine POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating softly in my pocket. I gently lifted Arizona's arm off my chest before sitting up slowly to not wake her.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see a missed call from Amy.

I just shrugged as I didn't feel like dealing with her. I noticed the time was much later than I expected, it was just after eleven in the morning.

I felt the bed shift a little before looking to see that she moved to face the other way. I still feel extremely bad for last night, I honestly feel very fucking guilty.

What if I wasn't at the park? Would she have made it home safely? Would she be okay?

I know for a fact that I would never get over that guilt if I hadn't just stayed at the bench. I shouldn't have even left in the first place.

I carefully got out of my bed before walking towards my door.

I stopped and quickly stripped off my sweater that I ended up falling asleep in before walking out of my room. I felt extremely warm from wearing it all night.

I quietly tip toed down the stairs and softly walked towards the kitchen.

I took a slight deep breath as I tried to clear my mind from the what ifs that were controlling my mind.

"I should probably make breakfast for us", I thought to myself as I strolled over to the fridge.

I peered the doors open and grabbed the bacon along with eggs.

I put them down before opening the freezer to grab some home fries. I turned the oven on to preheat to let it warm up while I prepped.

I suddenly felt an uneasy motion hit me and I stopped to take another breathe.

I got extremely dizzy for some odd reason, okay it wasn't an odd reason I have vertigo so dizziness is in my everyday life. 

I slowly put my hands on the counter and gripped them before laying my head between them and leaning away from the counter.

I kept taking short deep breaths until I felt a little less woozy and opened the one drawer.

I grabbed two baking pans before shutting the drawer. I placed them on the free spot of the counter before opening another drawer.

I grabbed the tinfoil before unraveling some tinfoil and putting it on the one bacon. The bacon pan. I put the tinfoil back and grabbed the parchment paper for the other tray, that tray being the home fries tray.

I cut open the bacon packet and laid some down before wrapping it up to put back in the fridge for later.

I peeled open the bag of home fries and poured half the bag onto the tray. I tied the bag back together and tossed them back in their spot of the freezer.

The oven beeped so I carefully put the trays in before starting a timer. I walked over to my coffee corner and made a batch.

I let it run for a few minutes before carefully making myself a cup. I brought my mug to the fridge and poured just a splash of creamer in before putting the mug down.

I grabbed a spoon and stirred my coffee before leaving the spoon with the coffee pot.

I leaned against the counter and slowly sipped on my coffee. I looked at the timer and realized it was time to start getting the eggs ready.

I put my coffee down before reaching into the cabinet for a bowl and putting it down on the counter.

I grabbed a fork and the egg carton from the fridge before cracking a few into the bowl and whisking them with the fork.