winter things

December 22nd, 2006

Madeleine POV

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Frontier Airlines welcomes you to Dallas Texas. The local time is 1604. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle clear until we are parked at the gate", the flight attendant says over the intercom.

I sat up a little and looked at Arizona, she was cuddled up in her chair still buckled in. She must've fallen asleep with the belt on which I found cute and adorable.

I gently brushed the hair out of her face before waking her up calmly. I watched as she opened her eyes slowly before she smiled sleepily.

"Hey we're in Dallas now", I tell her quietly and she nods a little. 

She reached over and took my hand before moving my ring to my left hand. I just smiled as I did the same to her before softly kissing her.

"I love you", she whispers before kissing me softly again.

I pulled back a little before kissing her nose and whispering back, "I love you too".

She sat up properly before we got the clear to unbuckle and grab our belongings. 

I reached up for our carry-on bags before putting them on the ground. She stood up from her seat before handing me my backpack.

I quickly slipped it on before grabbing the handle to my suitcase. The both of us headed towards the exit before saying a quick thank you to the attendants.

We slowly walked down the bridge before heading into the waiting area. We both stopped when we saw a navy seal a few feet away holding a sign with "Robbins" on it.

"Looks like we're being picked up", I tell her and she just laughs as we both made our way towards the seal.

He nodded a little as we walked over to him.

"Mrs and Mrs Robbins, I am Petty Officer Peterson and I will be driving you both to our base at Fort Worth", he says and we both just looked at each other before smiling at him.

"I can take your bags", he said and we both just shook our hands.

"I was told that I had to carry your bags, under Colonel Robbins' orders", he says and Arizona sighs.

I watched as she handed him her bag before handing him mine. He closed the handles before carrying them sideways.

I was kind of impressed, those bags are not light at all. I didn't even try to lift the two at the same time. I just dragged them with the wheels to the truck.

We followed the petty officer out of the waiting area and he stopped walking, making us almost walk into him.

"Sorry, I wasn't sure if you both were still behind me or not", he says apologetically.

"It's fine Peterson", Arizona comments and he smiles.

"You both can just call me Casey, well at least until we get to the base", he says and we both just nod.

We all fell quiet, I looked at Arizona briefly as we followed him towards the exit of the airport. I didn't really know what to say to this guy or what to really expect.

Another seal was by the door and opened it for us before following behind Arizona and I. This seal didn't even say a single word as she followed behind us.

We just followed Casey towards the base's jeep before he stopped.

"Julia, can you open the trunk?", he asks and the other seal just nods before walking over to open the trunk.