wonderland

Flashing lights. Sirens blaring. Every which of way. 

No idea what to do. No idea where they are going. 

All you see is blue lights flashing and all you can hear is the screeching sounds of an ambulance.

Sitting in the ambulance was a young child, a terrified six year old. Whom was fighting for dear life to stay awake and conscious.

All she desperately wanted was to be with her mama, but she was stuck being watched by her father and step-mother who didn't even care enough to come with her.

Meanwhile at the hospital, they were all tending to patients that have been rushed in or doing other jobs in their departments.

The day which felt never ending for the doctors in the hospital was about to get worse as none of them were prepared for this.

- - -

August 11th, 2022

Arizona POV

"WE HAVE AN AMBULANCE INCOMING. THEY ARE A FEW MINUTES OUT.", I heard one of the nurses yell the exact second that I walked into the pit. 

I looked around and was taken a back by the complete hell. I wasn't shocked, the pit can be either busy for the entire day or it will be a slowish kind of day. 

"Why is it so busy?", I thought to myself before realizing that I was slowly making my way in.

I shook my head as I came back to before walking in a little more. I just tried my best to not be in the way as I tried to be in and out.

I only came down for a quick consult on a young patient. The young patient who they were ready to discharge, but they needed my stamp of approval first as no one in pediatrics was available.

As I was walking towards the curtain that the patient was waiting behind I heard my name get loudly called from a few feet away, "DOCTOR ROBBINS".

I slightly turned my head over my shoulder before seeing Bailey standing there holding something out in front of her.

I took a small deep breath before turning around and walking back over towards her. She instantly reached out to try to hand me a gown.

I'm not going to lie, I was slightly confused on what was going on, I wasn't sure why she was trying to hand me it. I was honestly lost and just wanted out of this pit as fast as possible, but now I'm definitely trapped.

"I need you to come with me, so please take the gown and gown up now", she says slightly sternly and I just softly nodded while taking a short deep breath.

I gently, but swiftly took the gown from her hands and started putting it on while following behind her. The one nurse handed me a pair of gloves as we walked towards the doors of the ambulance bay.

"Doctor Bailey, what's happening?", I ask as we both stepped right outside.

I felt very lost and honestly confused, I just looked at her before she noticed me staring and gave me a concerning look. I just kept my eyes on her for another second and she sighed before clearing her throat.

"We have an ambulance incoming, and your the only free doctor. Everyone else is either stuck somewhere in the pit or in surgeries", she says as she looks at me before looking down the ambulance bay alley and I just continue to look at her confused.

"I just came down for a consult on a pedatrics patient, I'm supposed to be setting up everything for my replacement for head of peds", I tell her and she hums a little.