all i want for christmas is you

December 24th, 2006

Arizona POV

It's Christmas Eve, the one night of the year that we all get together and just watch movies all night. The night where we all just drink hot chocolates and eat chocolate chip cookies together.

But this night was going to be a little different than normal Christmas Eve's. Timothy had decided to go spend the night and early morning with Hazel's family. Plus Madeleine was here, so it was a lot different.

In a good way though, I was excited for her to be apart of our traditions and cannot wait for every year after this one with her. I mean if she wants that.

It's just going to be my parents, Madeleine and I tonight, which is cool and much more exciting. I was honestly happy that Timothy and Hazel were gone. I'm kidding, I wasn't overly happy about it but to each their own.

I have been upstairs in my room here at the house for the last little while wrapping gifts. I had just finished tagging the one gift when I heard a faint knock on my door.

"Come in?", I say kind of questioning who was at my door.

"Hey sweetie, Madeleine went out with dad to go grab things for the movie night", my mom says and I smiled a little.

Madeleine had been hanging out with my dad all day, which was very sweet. I knew she loved being around him. Plus I had to wrap her gifts from me to everyone, so her wanting to be hanging out with dad killed two birds with one stone.

I had wrapped her gifts before wrapping anyone else's in case she came up. I had just finished wrapping moms one gift when she knocked.

"So what's going on with you and Madeleine lately?", my mom asks and I smile a little.

"We've both been just hanging out, spending time together and building a more strong relationship", I say and she smiles.

"I love seeing you so happy. I just wanted to check in on you. I know this fake marriage isn't ideal for either of you", she says and I just smile.

Little does she know we don't care for it being fake, we kinda just accepted it and just promised each other that one day we will actually marry each other.

"I wanted to just come up and see if you needed help bringing anything down to the tree", she says and I smiled.

"Let me put some of the gifts into a basket. I have a few that need to be brought down", I tell her and she nods as I stood up to grab my empty hamper.

I picked up the hamper and walked back to the pile that was gifts. I slowly put the gifts into the hamper, leaving out the one. She looked at it confused that I left it out.

"What about that gift?", mom asks and I smiled.

"Oh we both got each other a small private gift", I say and my mom gave me a look.

"God nothing like that mom", I say embarrassed that she thought that.

"Don't be embarrassed sweetie", she says and I gave her a look making her laugh.

"So we're doing the usual tradition tonight and then going to Aunt Elle's for Christmas dinner. I was truly shocked that she wanted to host this year. But I think she only wants to because it's not a lot of people this year", she says and I furrowed my brows.

"Nana and Papa went on a cruise, they had planned it months ago, but the trip got postponed. I was confused on why they decided to choose the Christmas trip but they claimed that they'll be less people wanting to go and less chaos on the ship", she says and I just laughed.