this will be our year

December 31st, 2006

Arizona POV

New York, New York. 

I was amazed by this city, I fell in love with the city the second we arrive. It truly never sleeps which is wild because I always thought it was a joke that New Yorkers would say about the city.

I was currently laying in bed at the hotel that Derek had secretly booked for us. I moved slightly, but not much as I was being held tightly by Madeleine.

I tried my best to even move slightly but I couldn't.

"Madeleine", I call out but she didn't hear me.

I managed to move before brushing her loose strands of hair out of her face. I watched as her nose involuntarily scrunched ever so slightly.

"Baby", I whisper and watch as she smiles a little.

"Good morning my baby", I whisper and her eyes slowly opened.

"Good morning my darling", she whispers back as she pulls me closer to her.

I laughed as she held me before she kissed my cheek softly. I moved slightly and she looked at me before realizing that I probably needed to go to the bathroom.

I sat up and stretched before getting off the bed. I felt her eyes on me as I walked into the bathroom.

I shut the door and quickly went before flushing and washing my hands. I grabbed my tooth brush and added some tooth paste before slowly brushing my teeth. The door opened and I felt a hand on my lower back.

I rested my head on her collar bone as I brushed my teeth before spitting and drying my mouth with a towel. 

"So what shall we go do today before the ball drops?", I ask her and she smiled a little.

"We could go for a walk around Time Square?", she says slightly questionably and I shrug.

"It's probably crowded", I tell her and she nods a little.

"We could go get coffee or walk up to Rockefeller to see the tree before they take it down", she says and I nodded.

"That sounds like a lot of fun actually", I tell her and she smiled.

"Okay then that's what we'll go do. Get breakfast and go check out Rockefeller before coming back to get ready for the party", she says and I smiled as I turned to face her.

"I would love nothing more than to do all of that with you", I tell her and she smiled.

I gently put my hands at the back of her neck before gently pulling her head down and kissing her softly. She gently picked me up and placed me on the counter as she deepened the kiss.

I pulled back a little making her groan before smiling.

"As much as I'd love for this to go further, I really want to get food", I tell her and she smiled brightly.

"Let's go get you some food then", she says before helping me down.

I walked back into our room before grabbing our bag. We had just brought one of our bags with us to the hotel, the rest of our stuff is at Derek's since we'll be going back there before going on our trip to the cabin.

"What should I wear?", I ask and she smiles.

"Warm clothes, your winter jacket, gloves, a hat and boots", she says with a smile. 

I smiled as I pulled out a pair of sweats, thick socks, and one of my warm hoodies. I stripped out of my pyjamas before getting dressed.

- - -