shut up and drive

July 14th, 2007

Arizona POV

I woke up abruptly to Madeleine's alarm going off. I was shocked that she actually set an alarm for this morning.

I looked at her as she kept peacefully sleeping as if she didn't hear the alarm.

I rolled my eyes before turning off the alarm and slowly getting out of the bed. I tossed on my hoodie that I had left on the one chair before sneaking out of the room.

I walked down the hall as quietly as I could seeing as it was seven in the morning and I didn't want to wake my grandparents.

I walked into their kitchen before hearing a faint, "Oh Good Morning Little Ship".

I looked over to see my papa sitting there with a cup of coffee in his one hand with the newspaper in the other.

"Good morning Papa Arthur", I respond quietly and he smiles.

"There's fresh coffee", he says and I smiled.

"Okay perfect, thank you", I respond with a soft yet tired smile.

He just slightly nodded before putting his mug down and continuing to read his newspaper.

I walked over to the counter before grabbing a mug from the cabinet. I put the mug down carefully before grabbing the pot. I slowly filled up the mug before putting the pot back away.

I opened the fridge and grabbed the cream before unscrewing the cap and splashing some in. I put the cap back on before putting it back where I found it.

I shut the fridge before looking for sugar, all I saw was packets of splenda.

I shrugged a little before grabbing one and ripping it open, I poured the packet in before tossing the garbage.

I grabbed the spoon before stirring my coffee and carrying it out of the room. My papa just laughed a little as I snuck back down the hall.

I didn't need the coffee that badly, but I know Madeleine will need it. 

She tends to get grumpy in the mornings if she hasn't had a coffee, well some mornings not always, it depends on how well she slept.

I slowly walked back into the room before walking over to where she was still out cold.

I put the coffee down carefully before walking back to shut the door. I slowly shut the door before sneaking back to bed.

I didn't bother going under the comforter and just sat there before brushing the hair out of her face. She groaned a little making me laugh a little.

"Good morning sleepy", I whisper and she sighed as she opened her eyes.

"Good morning, why are you so full of life?", she asks in a whisper and I smile.

"Well your alarm scared the fuck out of me", I tell her and she smiles.

"I'm sorry my darling", she whispers and I shrugged a little.

"Well you need to wake up baby, you wanted to be on the road soon", I tell her and she nodded a little.

"I need coffee", she says with a little husk and I smiled.

"Nightstand", I tell her and she looked over at the mug.

"You went to make me a coffee?", she asks and I smiled.

"Thank you darling and I am sorry that my alarm woke you up", she says and I just laughed a little.

"Well I'm glad it woke one of us at least", I tell her and she laughed.