fuck you

Madeleine POV

I was trying to mind my own business upstairs, but I couldn't stay up here. My nerves were on fire, I needed to not be up here. I needed to be ready to jump in if mom decided to be a bitch to Arizona.

I froze for a moment when I heard the front door open before hearing mom say, "Madeleine get your ass in the kitchen now".

I heard my grandfather say something as I slowly got off the bed. I opened her door just as I heard my mom say, "No I was talking to little miss rude"

"Talk", I heard my mom say again and I chuckled a little to myself knowing that Arizona was definitely ready for an argument. 

I snuck out of Arizona's room as quietly as I could before sneakily walking down the stairs. I froze for a moment when I heard footsteps coming towards me.

That's when I saw my grandmother walking down the hall towards where I was. I slowly continued walking and she put her finger to her lips. I just nodded because I knew that she didn't want mom knowing I was here.

"Tell Arizona that I will be there in a second if she says anything else that is remotely rude to her", I tell my grandmother in a whisper and she smiles.

"Okay stay here and be quiet", she says with a finger to her lip.

I just nodded as I stood there by the door, just trying to listen to what was happening. 

My grandmother carefully grabbed a bag of things that they must've stopped to get for us before walking back to the kitchen.

It's been a minute or two now of complete silence.

"Yeah they are so proud of me. They let me live my life however I want, they let me love who I want to love. Oh and they have been so supportive of me ever since I came out.", I hear Arizona say back and I smiled proudly of her.

"YOU LITTLE-", my mom yelled out making me walk quickly straight towards the kitchen. 

My mom was about to say something, but suddenly stopped herself when she saw me walk in.

"Madeleine my dear", my mom says as she changes her whole entire persona.

I looked at my mom with straight disgust as I walked over to Arizona and stood next to her. 

I slowly wrapped my arm around Arizona's side. I was prepared to move her behind me if this gets any uglier.

My grandparents also moved to stand with us leaving my mom and Amelia to be standing on their own. I moved my arm from Arizona's side and protectively stepped in front of her.

"Who even said you could step into this house?", I ask as I look at my mom.

"Amelia", my mom says smugly and I laugh.

"Amy doesn't even fucking live here, she lives on the other side of the campus", I snark out and my mom went quiet.

"Why on earth would you let her come to my place? The one fucking place that I had to escape her?", I ask my sister who went quiet.

"You know what I don't even give a fuck.", I say back with my anger rising slightly and my mom smiles.

"You are my daughter, am I not allowed to visit my daughter?", my mom asks making me look at her and laugh.

"You kicked me out for being fucking gay, so no you aren't allowed to come fucking visit me", I say back and my mom just looked at me.

"I didn't kick you out for being gay", my mom tries to lie and I just laugh while shaking my head.