running up that hill

July 16th, 2007

Madeleine POV

I woke up a few minutes ago, but I was just laying here still with my eyes closed. I wanted to get up and stretch, but I was honestly very comfortable and I also didn't want to wake Arizona up.

I felt her move slightly before hearing a small yawn, I felt her move again before feeling a hand on my cheek.

"I know your awake", she whispers and I just smiled.

"Mhm", I mutter out and she giggles.

"Oh I guess your still asleep, I'm going for a walk", she says and my eyes widened immediately making her giggle more.

"Good morning fake sleeper", she says and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Good morning little yawner", I say back and she gasped.

"What time is it even?", I ask as she yawned again making me yawn.

"Uh I'm not sure", she says tilting her head to the side.

I slowly sat up before reaching for my phone, I looked at the time and nodded a little. I showed her the time and she nodded a little.

It wasn't overly early, but a little earlier than we've been getting up during this trip. I stretched a little letting my back crack along with my neck slightly.

I laughed a little as she stretched as well making her smile as the cracking sounds filled the room. She hummed a little before cupping my face ever so gently.

I placed my hands on her hips before pulling her onto my lap making her giggle.

She moved her hands to behind my head before smiling at me. I smiled back before softly kissing her.

I just wrapped my arms around her back before she pulled back a little from the kiss.

I smiled a little as she looked at me. Neither of us wanted this trip to be about anything but this trip, which was respectable. I heard her sigh a little and I looked at her with a soft smile.

"What's wrong darling?", I ask calmly and she laughed a little.

"Thinking about where to hike to watch the sunrise here", she says and I brushed the loose strand of hair that fell in front of her face to behind her ear.

She closed her eyes a little and I was worried she was about to fall asleep before she opened them again with a wicked smile.

"Come on, let's get dressed into clothes we can go swimming in. We'll go watch the sunrise and then go for a morning swim in the cold lake", she says before jumping off my lap.

I just shook my head as she pulled stuff out of the bag.

"Let's wear our bikinis under sweats so we aren't cold on the walk", I tell her and she nodded a little.

She grabbed my things and tossed them in my face before laughing at me. I looked at her shocked that she just did that.

"What the fuck Zona?!", I ask slightly shocked and she giggled a little.

"I wasn't aiming for your face to be completely honest, but that was a perfect throw. I'm sorry not sorry Mads", she says as I sighed.

I pulled off my tee before grabbing my bikini top. I watched as she stood there with her mouth slightly dropped, I just smiled as I tied my bikini top on before she rolled her eyes.

"I'm starting to regret the no sex", she muttered and I just smirked a little before looking at her with a dead panning stare.

"Well we both agreed, so either you break the rule or no sex until we're back", I say and she looked at me.