fly with me

November 16th, 2006

Arizona POV

I spent this entire lecture fighting off yawns and trying my damn best not to fall asleep. I was beat, I was so exhausted but not because of anything specific. 

I honestly think my body was already in preparation for the flight ahead of me and helping me get back into that time zone kind of mindset.

"Arizona, are you okay?", I hear Madeleine ask and I nod.

"Are you sure?", she asks and I smile.

"Just exhausted", I say and she smiles.

"Well class is over any minute and then we'll be heading home.", she says and I smile a little.

I was slightly nervous for this break, if I'm being honest.

My parents had invited Madeleine to come with us, but she hasn't mentioned her plans for the holidays. I knew I had to bring it up sooner rather than later, but it can wait until we're back home.

Professor Cooper stood up and slowly packed up his bag. I laid my head on Madeleine's shoulder subconsciously. I heard her chuckle a little as I fought off the sleep wanting to take over.

"I need caffeine in an IV bag stat", I joke making her laugh a little.

"Okay, so just remember to focus on your studies", Professor Cooper says before laughing because the entire class went dead quiet.

"I'm just kidding, go visit home. Have a good week away, I will see you all bright and early the Tuesday after holidays.", he says and everyone cheered.

I groaned because the clapping started hurting my head, I wanted to nap so damn badly.

"Come on darling, we'll stop to get coffees on our way home", she says quietly before I moved my head to pack up my bag.

The class started clearing out as I packed, I was so tired even doing something this simple was making me want to die.

"Shepherd, Robbins. Stay back a moment please", we hear the professor say and I felt myself yawn a little.

I zipped my backpack closed as the class finally all departed. He walked over and leaned on the desk in front of us.

"I sent your case study to a good friend of mine, she was very impressed with the two of you. She mentioned that when she received it, she was going through a similar situation and is now going press about it. She also mentioned that she will be including both of your names in her statement about how she was able to handle such a tragedy with such grace and with such hope to change the way medicine works for pediatrics. So don't be surprise Shepherd if the whole family makes a scene about it", he says and she just nodded.

"Oh and you as well Robbins, your dad must've already been aware of it all. The doctor friend of mine is based out of Texas and works alongside the Navy often", he says and I just tiredly smiled.

"I will let you go now, don't want to bore you", he says making me shake my head.

"Oh you aren't. Just a lot has been on my mind leading up to this break and I guess I wasn't sleeping properly so my body is exhausted.", I say and he smiles a little.

"Well, I hope you both have a great Thanksgiving", he says as he stands back up to go back to his desk.

I slowly stood up before slipping my bag on. Madeleine stood up behind me and slipped hers on before wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

We both waved a little to Cooper before walking towards the doors.

I noticed the girl from the party eyeing me down and I gripped onto Madeleine as tightly as I could. Madeleine noticed the girl and looked at me before leading us out a different door.