just a friend to you

Madeleine POV

We walked back into the house and decided to act not so suspicious. I heard Amy walking down the steps and she had changed into my clothes.

"What the fuck?", I muttered as I looked at my twin with mad confusion.

"Did you not bring your own things?", I ask and Amy shrugs.

"I did but yours are more comfortable. I feel like I'm dressed in my boyfriends clothes so it's nice to be more relaxed", Amy says and I can see out of my peripheral Arizona silently mocking her.

"Go change, I never said you could rummage through my clothes", I say and Amy shakes her head.

I rolled my eyes deciding to just ignore her because I know she won't change no matter what I say to her. 

I groaned a little as I walked back into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water before putting it on the counter. I heard footsteps leading to the kitchen and I sighed a little.

I didn't know who it was, but then I saw Amy looking at me.

"I'm sorry for assuming there was something going on between you two. But you can't blame me for it. I've seen the way you both look at each other. The way you both just instantly are near each other. I guess I'm just envious that you already met someone and I'm just worried that you will be hurt the same way you were when Anna..", she went to continue, but I stopped her.

"She's not Anna, she's literally been the best damn thing to walk into my life.", I say to her and she looks at me.

"You don't even understand the difference. You weren't even fucking present during the whole Anna shit. You were off getting high with whoever and whatever drugs you could find", I practically yell at her as I was beginning to get more agitated with her.

"I was broken, I was depressed. I watched as my first love cheated on me and when I went to my fucking twin for comfort. She was overdosing on whatever opioids she had gotten her hands on that day", I add on a little more angry with every word.

"So no you can't fucking say that you are worried about her hurting me the same way Anna did because truthfully Amelia, your overdose made the whole fucking thing hurt more", I continued and she just looked at me.

"I thought I was about to lose my twin and the first person that I felt fucking comfort being in love with. So just get the fuck out of my love life and let me fucking be with who I want to be with...", I yell before taking a small deep breath.

"Let me have that, that's all I want. If there was something going on between Arizona and I, truthfully you'd be the last one I'd fucking tell", I yell at her and watch as she gulped.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT", Amy yelled with slight tears strolling down her face.

"What's going on?", I hear Arizona ask from the door frame.

"You can stay if you still wish, but I'm leaving", I say to Amy as I walked past her.

I walked towards Arizona and gave her a small sad smile before walking past her. I walked down the hall towards the front door and slipped on my shoes before grabbing my keys.

I fucked up, I shouldn't have said what I said, but I was pissed off. I heard the door open and shut behind me before I saw Arizona standing there.

I felt like everything was breaking in front of me. 

I felt my knees wobble underneath me before I let myself drop onto the ground and lean against my truck.

Arizona quickly rushed over to me and bent down in front of me.