take a back road

Madeleine POV

We all laughed as Timothy walked over to us with a questionable expression on his face. He seemed very confused on what the hell we were laughing at. 

"What did I miss?", he asks very confused and we all looked at each other.

"Maddie was just telling me about Arizona being mad at her mom", Hazel says with a small faint laugh and he laughs a little.

"Yeah you never want to piss this one off, once you do it's hard to get her forgiveness. Or you get completely bitched at and she will hurt you if you get in her way", he says and she looks at me.

I wrapped my free arm around her before kissing the side of her head. I heard her hum quietly to herself as I moved my arm back around to my side.

"Shall we head out?", Arizona asks when I moved my arm and Timothy nods a little.

"Yeah let's head out", he says before going to grab something.

I put my boots down and slid them on before tying them up. Arizona followed suit as we both quickly made sure we were all good to go.

Timothy walked back over before handing Arizona a set of keys. He opened the front door and I put my hand on Arizona's lower back as we both walked out.

I followed her over towards the one dune buggy before she tossed me the keys. I looked at her and she smiled.

"I don't know how to drive this", I say while holding the keys and she smiled.

"Baby it's just like driving a truck or a car", she says and I nod a little as she hopped into the passenger seat. I climbed into the drivers seat before turning the buggy on.

She took the aux cord and plugged it into her iPod that I had no idea she grabbed. She got herself situated in the harness before looking at me with a raised brow. I buckled myself in as she shuffled her playlist.

"Just follow Timothy", she tells me and I nod as she let music play.

I watched as they both got into the other dune buggy before reversing out of how he had parked this one. They pulled forward and I slowly began following behind them.

We turned onto the street from their driveway and Timothy began speeding a little. I sped up to stay close behind them as the music was playing.

I felt at peace, this was surprisingly very nice. The sun beating down on us from above, the wind brushing through my loose hair that I hadn't tied up yet. I have truly never felt so freeing until this very moment.

Once I was comfortable driving, I moved my one hand and intertwined it with Arizona's as I continued to follow behind Timothy. Timothy suddenly drove off onto the dirt path and Arizona laughed as I moved my hand. I turned behind him and heard him yelling something incoherent.

Arizona turned down the radio so we could hear him.

"RACE", he yelled louder and I nodded.

"LET'S GO", I yell back making Arizona laugh.

"You sure?", she asks and I smiled brightly.

"Get a good song going", I say as they were also preparing to race.

Suddenly Arizona laughed before we pulled up to be side by side. Timothy looked at me smugly and I laughed a little as I was a little worried.

"Don't worry Madeleine, they won't get mad at us for this. They'd rather us race out here then the streets.", Timothy says calming my worries and I nod a little.

"Getting the right song?", Hazel asks with a small laugh and Arizona nods.

"You ready?", Timothy asks and Arizona nodded as I heard some other song play.