school's out

May 18th, 2007

Madeleine POV

It is officially that day, the last day of year one of the four years of medical school.

We've successfully made it through the first year which is very surprising. But we have another three before our first year as interns here and then we get sent off to complete our residencies wherever those may be.

I was a little sad that the year is already over, but I was excited none the less because it was over.

We both had decided to go and spend our summer in Texas. I mean it'll be hotter than I'm used to in summer, but I'd rather be with her than back home with my "family".

I woke up a little while ago due to pure excitement for the day waking me up. I moved in bed when I had first woke up and smiled at my peacefully sleeping beauty. 

So honestly ever since I woke up, I just watched as Arizona slept peacefully and let my mind replay everything that has happened this year.

"Stopping staring at me", she mutters with her eyes closed and I smile a little.

"Nope sorry not happening, your so cute when you sleep", I tell her and she groans a little.

"What time is it?", she asks and I look at the clock.

"Almost seven thirty why?", I ask and she sat up a little.

"I want to go get Dunkin before school, like we did on the first day", she says and I smiled a little.

"Of course we can darling", I tell her and she nodded a little as she got excited.

I sat up in the bed before moving slightly to look at her as she sat up beside me. She softly smiled as she got off the bed. I just watched as she walked out of the room before hearing the bathroom door shut.

I got up from bed and walked over to my closet before pulling out a casual but comfortable outfit for the day.

We had our class and then we will be coming home to finish packing. Our flight leaving late in the afternoon, I think in the mid evening is when she booked it.

I stripped out of my pyjamas and into a pair of jeans, a tee and tossing on socks. I heard the toilet flush before hearing the sink running.

I heard the bathroom door open before she came strolling back in. I just smiled as she walked in before she looked at me.

"Hi baby, you look hot", she says with a huge smile.

"Oh why thank you darling", I say back as I walked over to her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist before she cupped my face. We both just stood there smiling at each other before she pulled my head down.

She softly kissed me before pulling back a little.

"I should go get ready", she says and I smiled as she let go.

I moved my arms before she walked out of the room. I followed her before walking into the bathroom.

I shut the door and quickly went to the washroom before flushing and washing my hands. I dried my hands and grabbed my tooth brush.

I added some toothpaste and slowly began brushing my teeth. I felt arms wrap around my waist before feeling a small kiss placed on my clothed back.

I just smiled as I spat out my tooth paste before patting my mouth. I lifted her arms and spun around to look at her.

She was grinning a little as I looked down at her.