five.

Song: Open All Night - Bon Jovi

_______________________

(the one with the love song)

Telling my parents that Harry and I were dating was awkward to say the least. None of them seemed surprised at all, even alleging, "they had seen it coming ever since I was 2."

Oh, if they only knew.

The second day of school was awkward, too. On my first period, English, Dr. Jones was the only one who seemed almost unaffected by Harry's presence. Everyone seemed to be gushing about the fact that "a One Direction guy was in Hadley" (yeah, I'd still wonder about it too. It's not that Hadley was much of a touristic place.)

Harry was much more friendly than I was, so he responded kindly to every question that anyone did to him, but always turning down anyone who would ask him for a picture.

AP Government was when I got angry with him.

Ms. Williams was talking about a wedding she'd be attending in DC, and how it was – in her words – "outrageously expensive".

"Yeah, actually" Harry started. "A friend of ours will be getting married soon and he's doing like-" He paused making a gesture with his hands. "This huuuge wedding, and he's doing it like...enormous... because his girlfriend wants so." He licked his lips, I was getting disgusted by the second. Him simply talking about Zayn gave me stomachache. "So simply renting the place will result him in a couple of millions."

"Enough, Haz." I spoke, softly, hoping that Ms. Williams wouldn't notice.

She didn't.

"Oh wow." Ms. Williams commented. "But I guess that if he can pay it, and if it makes his girlfriend happy it's fine, right?"

"Yeah, yeah." Harry kept going. "But when Gabs and I get married." He stated, as if it was a fact that we'd get married. "We want to keep it simple. Right, sweetie pie?"

Ugh, I hated him.

"Right, Haz." I kept my gaze on my textbook, trying to focus on some government laws that I didn't really care about.

Talking, thinking or simply relating something to Zayn made me sad. But like, really sad. I didn't understand why. I mean, I may or may not have a little infatuation with the guy, but not even the biggest obsession makes you feel this sad.

The rest of the day got by slowly. I wasn't very happy with Harry, but I tried to forget what he had done and act as "we were in love".

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be. Harry and I – even only as best friends – pretty much acted like lovers. People would always be asking us if we were dating, so we had always rolled eyes and said no. We didn't have to change the way in which we acted. Indeed, we only had to respond yes instead of no.

"What is that building?" Harry signalized one of my school's buildings once the classes were over. We were walking to his car.

"The band rehearsals are there, I reckon." I talked, not really knowing if it was so. I had only been in that school for a couple of months and had never really been interested in getting to know the place.

"Right." He stopped abruptly in front of the door. "Shall we get in?" He opened his green eyes. He was wearing his fedora today and I found it completely hilarious.