"I said I was sorry like a hundred times" two hundred actually, but she wasn't counting

"Clearly I am still bitter"

"You are my friend, Shadow. You're not as bad as you make yourself out to be"

"You are right, I am worse" She narrowed her eyes and he let out a sigh, closing his own hopelessly until he heard her talk again after a beat

"However...You are something of a friend to me as well. What about your other options?"

"Things within the Team are rocky right now, ok? We're kinda facing a thing"

"A thing?"

"Classified"

She hummed lowly before looking at him to continue "So..." She trailed off and he smirked "So..."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

THIS COULD NOT BE HAPPENING. SHE WAS GOING TO THROW THE BOY OFF EVERY DAMN ROOFTOP IN GOTHAM. "You cannot be serious" She uttered as she saw what was in his hand "It's what you're gonna have to wear"

"Absolutely not"

"Why not? It's kinda like what we wear. It's what performers wear" He explained and she scoffed "Yes, the people clad in tights and colourful underwear do not mind wearing a monstrosity like that" She shook her head "I myself will have to decline your offer."

"What about my favour?"

"I would refer to your eighth option" He scoffed "Really?" She looked at him "I am serious. Find another friend willing to grant such a wish."

"It's just a costume"

"It is an offence of the highest order and should be punished by law"

"I think you'll be fine wearing it for one night" He urged with a grin but she remained rigid "No. i will most certainly not be fine" She took her place on the usual ledge "I would rather stay and help you in the sidelines than jump around in that ridiculous outfit"

"It's not even that bad" He insisted "I'll be wearing the same thing" She shrugged "It maybe your dream to go around looking like...a knockoff version of some character in Candy land but I will not be partaking in it"

He closed his eyes "Will you please just..." He lifted up the costume to emphasise his point dramatically and she fought the urge to kill him "This better be worth the damn trouble." He sighed in relief, happy to have convinced her.

"There's one more thing..." He began and she sighed still looking at the shiny leotard in her hand "Of course there is" She mumbled dryly

"The Team's gonna be joining the circus act" She raised a brow "Wonderful...then why am I coming?"

"Because..." He trailed off before letting out a breath "I don't know..." She rolled her eyes 'that's no response' "I mean I asked you first to come with me before the change of plans so..."

"It is fine. I shall finally find some peace and contentment alone" He shook his head "Oh no. You're coming" He stated "Why?" She questioned and it almost sounded like an adorable bellyache "I might need someone to talk to" He admitted honestly and she raised a brow "And I am your best option?" She scoffed "You must socialise more, Grayson."

"Says the antisocial butterfly"

"Say whatever pleases you, you know I am right" She held up the costume to assess it "What time do we leave?" She questioned and he shrugged "In an hour" She turned to him in top speed almost so fast her neck hurt, a questioning glance his way "You could not inform me before?"