24

Luke lazily sprawled across Michael's bed, his head resting comfortably on Michael's toned chest. The afternoon sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow that illuminated their intimate embrace. Soft music played in the background, filling the room with a serene melody. It was Sunday and neither of them had any assignments due so obviously they were going to spend the whole day together. It was really quiet in the building and they felt like it was only the two of them here.

Luke shifted slightly, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled between them. "Hey, Michael." he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

Michael's fingertips traced gentle circles on Luke's back, his touch soothing and tender. "Yeah?" He asked quietly, opening his eyes and looking down at the blonde who looked up at him. Luke smiled softly, bumping their noses together.

"What are your plans for Christmas break?" Luke asked, his voice filled with genuine curiosity.

"Uh, I don't know. Probably just hang out here." He murmured with a sudden sullen look on his face.

Luke sat up a little so he could see Michael's face a little better. "What do you mean?" He asked with a frown on his face.

Michael sighed softly, his expression clouding with a hint of sadness. "I...I can't afford to go back home to England. It's just not within my budget this year."

Luke frowned, concern etching into his features. He propped himself up on one elbow to meet Michael's gaze. "What?" He asked in slight shock. "So... Wait. You're going to be here? You're going up be spending Christmas alone? On campus?"

"It won't be too bad. I'll get some peace and quiet and maybe there'll be a few stragglers behind that need a friend." He shrugged aimlessly but Luke could tell that Michael was sad. His features held sadness which caused Luke to feel sad too.

"You can't stay here for Christmas break, Michael. That's like, three weeks by yourself." Luke complained. "You'll get lonely."

"I'll be okay." The British boy shrugged.

Luke swallowed down his emotions. He couldn't let Michael stay on campus over winter break when everyone else would be seeing their families and having fun. It would break his heart. Suddenly, Luke got an idea and smiled brightly at Michael who raised a single eyebrow when he saw the look on the blonde's face. "You know, I could pay for-"

"Absolutely not." Michael interrupted sternly.

Luke's jaw dropped. "But I just want-"

"No, Luke." Michael said with a huff.

"Michael, I want to pay for your plane tickets. Please? I don't mind. I just want you to be able to spend the holidays with your family." Luke stressed out.

Michael's sighed deeply and shook his head, sitting up. it caused Luke to shift too. He also sat up but placed his head on Michael's shoulder comfortingly. "Luke, that's incredibly generous of you but I can't accept. I don't want you to feel like you have to do this for me. There's no way i'm taking your money."

"I won't even see it leave my bank account. I swear." Luke said to him in a pleading voice. "You can't stay here over Christmas break by yourself. It's not happening."

"Luke," Michael sighed sadly, turning his gaze to the blonde boy. They stared at each other for a while and Luke leaned forward and pecked Michael on the lips.

Luke chuckled, his fingers lazily tracing patterns on Michael's clothed back. "I'm not doing it out of obligation, Michael. I genuinely want to help. Don't think of it as a hand out. Think of it as finally putting my dads money to good use." he teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Our Place || Muke ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें