18

Michael had been eagerly awaiting the party that was taking place on Wednesday night. It was the middle of the semester, and their college lives had been consumed by assignments, lectures, and endless cups of coffee. But tonight was different. Tonight was the night of the epic frat party that they had been hearing about none stop by Ashton. The golden haired boy was ranting and raving about it all day and had even texted Michael exactly where he would meet him when they got to the house. He was definitely excited as he grabbed his clothes from his closet and he really hoped Luke was just as excited.

Unfortunately, Luke wasn't excited. He was slightly dreading it. He didn't want to see Sierra and make small talk with the girl. She hadn't responded to his text that he and Michael had written in the diner. She had ignored him which meant she was angry. Very angry. Luke tried not to think about it and just focused his attention on getting a nice outfit ready.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the excitement in their dorm building was palpable and everyone was talking and chattering about the party. It seemed like everyone was going out tonight even though it was a random Wednesday. The boys in the bathroom who were showering and shaving seemed to be bouncing off the walls and Luke silently wished he was like that too. Luke, with his tall, average build and very curly hair, was known for his non existent charisma and ability to annoy just about anyone he came into contact with. Michael, on the other hand, was the slightly more extroverted intellectual, always armed with a witty remark and a brooding expression on his face. They were an odd but inseparable duo and Luke knew that no matter what, Michael would stay by his side the whole night. It eased his anxiety. Ashton had promised Luke and Michael a night they wouldn't forget and they both trusted him to deliver.

After hours of debate over what to wear and a quick pre-game session by himself, Luke was finally ready to head out. The air was thick with anticipation as he made his way to Michael's room and knocked on the door. Michael opened it in an instant, almost as if he was waiting by the door for the knock. They both shot a smile to each other and glanced down at the others attire. Michael wore his vans, black skinny jeans and a black long sleeved shirt. He wasn't wearing a jacket this time. Luke was dressed in dark brown trousers with white stripes which made his long legs even longer. His white short sleeved shirt showed off his arms and Michael did everything in his power not to compliment him in fear of causing the blonde to become awkward.

"Ready to go? Ashton's already there." Michael said with a smile as he closed his door.

The blonde nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."

The walk was the same as last time. It was filled with small chatter here and there and both Luke and Michael shivered slightly in the cold but didn't dwell on it for too long because they knew their body's would be warming up with alcohol soon anyway. Luke was already slightly buzzed from the small cans he had been drinking in his room when he was getting ready. For somebody with social anxiety, the first few drinks didn't count.

The rhythmic thumping of music grew louder with each step they took. As they approached the party, the sight was nothing short of spectacular. Neon lights illuminated the house, and a line of students extended down the street, all eager to get in. Luke and Michael joined the line, chatting with fellow partygoers as they inched closer to the entrance. Luke couldn't believe the line was this long. It wasn't this long at halloween time and he was so confused as to why basically everyone wanted to get into the party on a random night like tonight, but the closer he got to the front, the more he understood. It was one of the frat boys birthday and they were making it a huge deal.

Inside, the frat house was a sensory overload for both Luke and Michael. The music was deafening, the air thick with the scent of sweat and excitement. The brothers of the fraternity were everywhere, mingling with the guests and ensuring that everyone had a red plastic cup filled with something potent. Somebody shoved a red cup in Luke's hand which he frowned down at, unsure of whether to drink it. In an instant, the red cup was pulled out of his hand by Michael who had a frown on his face. The boys were squashed within a sea of people so after mild hesitation, Michael's hand found the small of Luke's back and he guided the blonde towards the kitchen so they could get their own drinks which wouldn't have been tampered with.