14

Luke and Michael had been at the British pub for nearly four hours and by now, Michael was tipsy. Luke had been drinking water this whole time which he didn't mind. He didn't need to be drinking in order to have fun. He was completely sober but yet he felt like he was getting drunk on all the happy hormones Michael was spreading through the air.

The two boys were sat in a booth near the corner of the pub and Michael was on his fourth beer. This one he was going to drink slowly. His eyes kept flickering to the TV behind Luke which was now playing another match. Arsenal VS Man City. Michael noticed that the pub played reruns of old football games which he loved. It felt like he was back at home. It was a good game.

The pair had been conversing about God knows what for ages and Michael had been rambling on for ages about how much he loved football and hated American sport. Luke didn't take any offence to it. Partly because the blonde wasn't at all interested in sports and partly because it was fun to watch Michael rant about the American version of football.

Luke couldn't help the way his eyes flickered across Michael's face as he spoke rapidly. His hands were flying about and the grin on his face was priceless. Michael's hair was perfectly messy and Luke didn't even know that was a thing. It took him a lot of practice to be able to style his growing hair every day. It took a lot of patience too but to Luke, it seemed like Michael was so easily able to just roll out of bed and look flawless.

Luke recalled the night after Halloween where Luke had woken up next to a very hungover Michael. How could somebody that hungover and ill look so good in the morning? It was so unfair. Luke frowned at his thoughts. They were becoming weirder and weirder so he decided to clear his throat and interrupt his friends rant.

"I think we should go to the next place." Luke said with a smile.

"Next place? There's another place to go to?" Michael asked in surprise, his hazy eyes widening a little bit.

"There sure is." Luke nodded. "I knew this place would be great for drinks but now we need a good place for some good old fashion British fish and chips. I know just the place."

"Oh my God. Fish and chips!" Michael grinned in glee, his voice high pitch. He was so obviously tipsy and Luke loved it. Michael turned into a confident teenager when he was drunk and it was pretty fun to watch him like this. The pair stood up and started to make their way out, ensuring that they both said goodbye and thank you to the bartender who told them that they better come back as soon as possible. He even handed Michael a flyer with a bunch of information on it which Michael promised to read when he was more sober.

Luke hopped into the drivers seat and Michael into the passenger seat. The engine roared and off he sped, down the highway and onto their next destination. Towards a large beach on the Californian edge. Michael was so happy as he rolled the window all the way down, shut his eyes and allowed the wind to flow through his hair.

"It feels so good to finally get off campus." Michael eventually said, breaking the comfortable silence between the pair.

Luke nodded in agreement. "Totally. It was starting to feel like a prison."

"I think that's probably why I was feeling so homesick. I haven't had a chance to properly explore or go anywhere so this is making me feel so much better." He mused.

"I'm glad." Luke smiled.

Michael looked over at Luke. He sighed softly, shifting in his seat so more of his body was facing his friend and his head rested on the headrest as he gazed across at the blonde. Luke was well aware that Michael was staring at him but he blamed it on the alcohol. Michael became a lot more confident when he had been drinking.