Life Forever With You

Derek's Story
October 16th, 2024
The day he realized
______________

"What would I do without her" was a loaded question for one man to think about. But that one question was eating at him for weeks.

Maybe it's unethical that he was thinking about this after only five months of being with her.

But a woman like Tommy Vega was hard to come by. She was so caring and her wit wasn't like any person he's met before.

Maybe that's why he loves her. Maybe he should've listened to his aunt earlier and not crap where he ate.

He could've been happier way earlier.

He first went to Izzy and Evie with his problem.

"Izzy, Evie do you mind if I ask you something?" He says sitting at the table with them.

"Yeah, what's up?" Izzy asked.

Derek cleared his throat before he spoke.

"I've been thinking about this for some time." He starts. "But I don't want to take a leap without you two in the loop." He says.

"Uh-huh." Evie says slowly.

"I want to ask your mom to marry me." He says. "Not now but sometime in the future I would want to. Would you be okay with that?" He says looking in between the twins.

"Well, it's obvious that our mom loves you." Evie started. "And you love her."

"But the last time someone asked us what we thought he didn't go through with it." Izzy said.

She held a one-sided vendetta against Owen for what he did. Now she didn't know the full story. But she did overhear her mom saying how Owen cheated on her.

She still couldn't believe her mom let him stay in the house so long after that.

"I promise that I'll never do anything to hurt her or you guys." He spoke. "Your mom has my heart." He confessed.

The twins only looked at each other and then back at Derek.

"If you won't hurt her we're okay with it." Evie says getting up from the table.

"But let me offer you some advice," Izzy says getting up as well. "Ask her in December around her birthday. She'll tell you a thousand times that she doesn't want anything. So don't get her anything on that day. Propose a few days before so she won't be expecting anything." She finished.

"And when the time rolls around don't act suspicious or she'll know something's up."

All he could do was chuckle and nod his head. They were exactly like their mother.

"Hi, mom." He heard from the foyer of the home. "Hi, girls." She didn't appear in the kitchen until three minutes after this. He guessed they had been catching up.

"Hey, beautiful." Derek said standing up when he saw her. "Hey." She smiled.

"How was your shift?" He asked walking up to her and kissing her in her head.

It was crazy how all those thoughts were running through his mind. But he could put on a façade so quickly and smile like he didn't want to get down on one knee right now and ask her to be his forever.

_______________
December 11th, 2024

"I'm doing it this weekend." Derek said sliding into a booth with Izzy and Evie.