Happy

Continued

Owen's POV

Being with Michelle for almost five months made me realize some things. I'm not happy. I mean don't get me wrong I love Michelle, but I don't think I'm in love with her. She just doesn't do for me like Tommy did. Seeing the man she has now there is no competition. Seeing what he does for her were all the things I could've did but didn't.

I know this year was for moving on. But, you can't move on from someone like Tommy. It's quite literally impossible. Tommy always seen the good in people she doesn't have an ounce of hate in her heart.  When everything went down last year we may have argued a few times but it never led to any hatred on any part.

But, back to Michelle. I don't want to lead her on when I'm not happy because I don't want her to be miserable by my actions. I just need some time alone to work on myself.

_______________________
The Break-Up
The Strand Residence

Hearing his front door open he prepared himself for what was about to happen.

"Hey Michelle." "Why are you being weird?" She asked. "Well I need to get something off my chest." He shyly replied. "Ok?" She say's confused. "I think we should take a break. This thing. Us. Is just not working out for me."

"Wow." She says getting up from the couch. "Tommy  moved on why can't you?" "This isn't about-" Before he finished his sentence she cut him off, "Don't you dare say this isn't about her because I know and you know that you still love Tommy and no one can ever replace her. But, that's okay I totally understand."

Walking to the door, slamming it he sighed.

________________________
December 7th, 2024
Fire House

Looking out her windows she sees Owen head in hands. So she decided to go check on him just like she used to. Knocking on his door frame. "Yes Tommy?" He sighed. "I was just wondering what was going on with you." "You don't have to worry about me." "Owen like I said before just because we're not together anymore doesn't mean i'm going to stop caring for you. So tell me what's up." She said sitting down in one his chairs. "I broke up with Michelle last night for my own happiness but what she had said it just running through my mind." He said with his head down. "Well what did she say?"

"It was- It was a personal thing but let's change the subject. What's up with you and Derek." "I doubt you want to hear about my relationship." "Well it's not about your relationship but more about you." "What about me?" "Nothing it just seems like you've been really happy lately and I'm really happy for you, you know."

"I appreciate that Owen. But you know you can talk to me right?"She sincerely said. "Yeah, I know. But you remember, you can talk to me too." "I'll hold you to that." With that she walked out of his office.

_______________________
End Of Shift

Tommy leaves with Derek once again and Owen leaves about an hour after shift was over.

_______________________
Five hours later

It's midnight, and it seems to be that Owen had been going through a mental breakdown and he needed really needed someone to talk too.
_______________________

"Hello?" The woman says from the other side if the line. "I need someone to talk too. Please." Owen says from the other.

_______________________

"Baby!" Tommy yells. "Yes?" Derek says coming down the stairs. "Wait. Where are you going?" "A friend needs me and I made a promise to them." "It's almost twelve in the morning though." "I know and I promise that I'll be back in 2-3 hours." Grabbing her jacket, kissing him, and walking out the door.
_______________________
15 minutes later