Stay

(Ace)

Lucas and I were spending time in my room watching cartoons and cuddling.

The more I look at him it's like looking in a mirror at my own reflection.

He has my green eyes, soft curly hair and his mother's cute nose.

It has only been a short time that I have spent with Lucas but it feels like I've know him forever but I guess that's parenting. His the most caring, loving, cute and has the most biggest heart just like his mother. Let's not forget about his attitude and stubbornness which he most definitely gets from me.

They were leaving back home to New York without me. I guess I really hurt her so bad. If I could go back in time I would but sadly I can't but what I can do is try and stop her.

" Son, I'll be back stay here okay." I told Lucas as he watched cartoons.

" Okay, dad." he replied as I walked towards Leah's room. The feeling that Lucas gives me when he calls me dad is so amazing. It's something that can't be replaced.

I arrived at her door and knocked until I heard a 'come in' and I walked inside. I saw her beautiful curvey figure and blonde hair that stops by her waist. She was busy packing her and Lucas bags.

I walked awards her figure and she walked towards me.

" Hey" her angelic voice spoke.

" Hey, can we talk?" I asked her and she nodded.

She looked into my green eyes as I looked into her grey onces that I could get lost in. I took in a deep breath before I spoke. Who knew a woman could make me Ace Steel this nervous,but she is not a woman she's my woman and the mother of my child.

" I know I wasn't the best husband, friend or father to you and our son but please give me another chance. I promise I won't let go." I said as she looked at me with weak eyes but she tried to be brave and honestly I couldn't either. " I won't hurt you again please just let me in. I love you Leah, you and only you." I said and she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

" It's the first time you said I love you. Do you really mean it though. You keep on making all these promises but end up only hurting me and leaving me with the pain and that's not fair not on me and not on the people that watches over me." she said as her voice broke at the end and my heart started beating faster as I looked up at her tears started rolling down my eyes as I just let them because it's in front of the woman that I love hole heartedly.

I got on my knees in front of her as the tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked up at her with blury eyes.

" I Ace Steel leader of the Italian Mafia stand before you Leah on my knees telling you that I love you." I said as my voice broke at the end. She whipped aways her tears and was about to walk off when I gently grabbed her arm without looking at her but I could tell her gaze was on me.

" Stop running away and stay with me. Don't run away from every problem." I said as I turned my head to face hers and she looked at me.

" My problem is no matter how much I try and stop loving you it won't stop but if I end up do letting myself you always find away to make me fall for you Ace and I can't risk that. I know you love me and I love you too but when you learn to stop hurting me then you know where I'll be." was all she said before walking out the door leaving me alone there with my thoughts and tears.

Why am I crying for her. She has weakened me in many ways possible but yet I can't help but love her in every way possible. She's not wrong about me hurting her. I hurt her so badly that I never even apologized.

She has my heart and slowly I can feel my heart crumble as she leaves along with my son.
________________

" Bye, dad." Lucas said as he hugged me and placed a small kiss on my cheek.

" Bye, son." I replied as I gave him a kiss on the forehead and pulled him in for a hug. Leah just looked at me as I said my goodbyes and so did everyone else. Amanda and Jake were already in the car.

Soon after I watched them get in the car and leave. My heart traveling along with them.

It was hard seeing them leave but no matter how hard I tried she always ends up pushing me away and I know that I deserve it but I couldn't help but fall for her beauty.

_______

I sat in my office drinking as usual. After Leah and Lcas left I decided to drown myself in work and drink. I killed a few people and drank the rest of the day.

There was a knock on the door and I told the person on the other end to enter. Soon after Alley walked in and took a seat across from me.

" Im not gonna make this long so you're gonna listen and don't interrupt me." she said and I was about to say something when she spoke again.

" I saw the way you looked at Leah and Lucas. I can tell you love them alot especially Leah. Why do you keep on letting go of the most important things in your life. You are so focused on telling Leah you love her that you don't see she doesn't want you to tell her that." she looked at me and took a breather." Some people do not want you to tell them but they want you to show them,actions speak louder than words. You should go after her. Go get your woman and treat her like the queen she is."

" Thanks Alley" I got up but stumbled back.

" No, not right now go in the morning. You are drunk right now." she said and I nodded in agreement.

I walked to my room and took a shower after that I got dressed and got in bed. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

___________________________________

Author Note:

Hey everyone. I apologize for late updates and mistakes in the book.

This book is coming to an ending. I might write one or two more chapters.

Thank you for all the support on the book I really appreciate it.

Please follow, share, comment and vote.

Thanks for reading my book.

Enjoy your night/ day further on.

Love : Tammy 💞