A.D.1941 - 075 - American Imperialism - 3

When it became clear that there was a plan to impose restrictions on weapons exports to countries involved in conflicts targeting China, the United States then proposed export restrictions on weapons to military regime nations to the League of Nations Security Council. Of course, the primary target was Venezuela, which was rapidly approaching Germany. The US had no intention of allowing Germany to interfere in the Americas.

This use of force with impunity was done in the name of justice.

Officially, it was said to be aimed at preventing the oppression of the civilian population by the military regime in Venezuela. They always submitted reports that exaggerated the policies and actions of the military regime to make them appear as oppression to the League of Nations Security Council in a of information and propaganda warfare. This was carried out with guidance from the Republic of Guam (USFJ), and it would have a significant impact on the public opinion of the countries belonging to the League of Nations, influencing their human rights awareness.

It was about human rights.

Protecting the rights that all people should universally enjoy.

For this purpose, the United States' stated intention to commercially manage weapons that harm people based on humanitarian principles resonated very positively with countries other than those engaged in the arms trade. It was the sound of sweet justice, and the international public opinion led by the voters of wealthy advanced nations would become intoxicated by the name of justice.

Driven by international public opinion, the League of Nations Security Council would act in accordance with America's intentions. *3

. . .

Venezuela

The military regime in Venezuela strongly resisted excessive American interference as a matter of national pride. However, within Venezuela, anti-military regime factions simultaneously intensified their confrontational stance against the military regime, backed by external support. The anti-military regime factions were concerned that the military regime's closeness to Germany would bring further military oppression to Venezuela, so they recognized American intervention as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. As a result, the anti-military regime factions contacted the United States and offered their cooperation. They made sure to convey, from the mouths of Venezuelans themselves, just how severe the military regime's oppression was.

Both international and domestic public opinion began to scrutinize the military regime more closely, causing great anxiety within the regime itself. In their haste, the military regime made the worst possible choices. There were individuals within the regime who were incapable of making rational decisions in the face of criticism. They resorted to short-sighted measures, implementing media censorship within Venezuela, declaring a state of national emergency, deploying military forces in the streets to tighten control over domestic public opinion, and even arresting American citizens and others within the country.

It was indeed the worst possible choice.

. . .

Reactions of the Countries Involved

In response to the choices made by the military regime in Venezuela, the United States began acting as the guardian of justice in the Americas. They expressed their regret to Venezuela and declared the deployment of a task force centered around an aircraft carrier from the US Atlantic Fleet to the Caribbean Sea to prepare for unforeseen circumstances. Additionally, they ordered the transatlantic preparations of an emergency deployment brigade from the Marine Corps.

It was a clear show of force.

Germany was alarmed by this American action. From their perspective, it appeared that the United States was now preparing for action against the Venezuelan military regime.