032 - Siberian War of Independence - 5

It was not until the Declaration of Toyohara (Vladimirovka) that the Siberian War of Independence truly turned into a movement for Siberian independence. As the name implies, it took place in Toyohara, the capital of Northern Japan. The declaration was made after a meeting of five nations: Japan, the Republic of Okhotsk, the United States, the Frontier Republic, and the Siberian independence movement.

The content of the declaration was that the Siberian independence movement was a declaration of the establishment of a nation-state of the Russian people, with the goal of independence of the Russian people from the oppression of the Soviet Union. *1 At the same time, the Japanese Federation, the US, the Frontier Republic, and other countries declared their full cooperation for this purpose. In conjunction with the declaration, a declaration was made against the Soviet Union:

- Siberia will not recognize the Soviets.

- Siberia will not recognize Soviet rule.

- Siberia will be a state of the Slavs, by the Slavs, for the Slavs.

- They demand that the Soviet Union immediately withdraw its troops from the land east of the Ob River.

- If the Soviets withdraw, they will guarantee the safety of the soldiers.

- If the Soviets do not withdraw, they must do so by force.

It was a declaration that seemed to hit the Soviet Union and Stalin on the side with all its might. As expected, Stalin was furious. And he gave strict orders to the headquarters of the Far Eastern Red Banner General Front to do everything in its power to crush the counter-revolutionary organizations in Siberia that called themselves pro-independence and to drive from Soviet soil the Japanese and American imperialists who were strutting around in Soviet territory with their own faces.

. . .

Soviet Union, 1st Red Banner Front (D-Day+23)

In response to the strict orders from Stalin, the 1st Red Banner Front changed its stance from avoidance to offensive. The first objective was to restore the line of communication between Vladivostok and Khabarovsk, where one infantry division was holed up but isolated. Since the Japanese and Americans were dispersed in their respective areas of operations and were not actively dividing the Soviet forces, the 1st Red Flag Front, politically desperate for victory, did everything in its power to establish a link between Khabarovsk and Vladivostok (henceforth referred to as Operation HB).

The force consisted of the 11th Red Banner Infantry Division and the 11th Red Banner Tank Division, which were operating near Khabarovsk, at almost full strength. *2 Only one regiment was left to defend Khabarovsk in the full offensive. Of course, the 1st Red Banner Front Command was aware of the fact that supplies tended to be cut off and there was a shortage of supplies, so they were aware that there was no prospect of continuing to win, so after the breakthrough, they were prepared to quickly retreat to Khabarovsk with the 12th Red Banner Infantry Division and the supplies left in Vladivostok.

As for the fleet in Vladivostok, it was strictly ordered to move to Magadan, a port city at the northern end of the Sea of Okhotsk, on its own. In addition, it was decided to deploy about 200 planes of the air force that had been kept in reserve. The Far Eastern Red Banner General Headquarters had nearly 1.000 aircraft under its command throughout Siberia, but due to the shortage of aviation fuel, the number of aircraft that could be deployed in Operation HB was limited to 200 or so.

. . .

Japan/United States, Primorsky Krai (D-Day+23-26)

From the increased volume of communications and the movements of various units, Japan grasped the movements of the 1st Red Banner Front at an early stage. Since it was unexpected that the Soviet side, which was numerically and qualitatively inferior to the Japanese and US allied forces, would go on the offensive, the Japan-US Siberian Front Liaison Committee (henceforth called the Joint Operations Command) was temporarily confused. A reconnaissance plane, which conducted a forced reconnaissance to Khabarovsk for information, confirmed that the Soviets were moving troops without concealment. This meant that the offensive was real, and that the 1st Red Banner Front was serious.