036 - Siberian War of Independence - 9

The fall of Khabarovsk—eastern Siberia had been expected by the Soviet Union, but it came as a great shock. Stalin's mood worsened drastically and gave strict orders to the Soviet army to defend Irkutsk. However, the Soviet military leaders did not just obey Stalin's words.

Due to the destruction of infrastructure by Japanese bombers, the transport of the 2nd Red Banner Front to Siberia was not progressing slowly, so rather than forcing some troops into Irkutsk, they suggested fortifying Krasnoyarsk and using the Yenisei River as a defense line. Since it would be difficult for the Japanese and Americans to supply their troops across the Central Siberian Plateau, they suggested that the 2nd and 3rd Red Banner Fronts use their full strength to intercept and crush the Japanese, American, and other troops, and then counterattack with their own forces. On top of that, the upper echelons of the Soviet military decided that they could win the war by extracting forces from the western part of the country adjacent to Poland and forming the 4th Red Banner Front with five divisions.

Stalin was convinced of this view. However, this strategy proved to be difficult because Poland refused to sign the non-aggression treaty. To be more precise, it was a major objection to the agreement to establish a sanctuary where no troops would be posted within 500 km of each other's borders.

Poland was enraged by this demand, which was too convenient for the Soviet Union. *1 Through repeated negotiations, an agreement was reached on the non-aggression treaty itself, but it failed to force the Polish army to retreat from the border.

. . .

Irkutsk Area, Japan/USA (D-Day+57~)

In response to the sabotage of the Trans-Siberian Railway, an important supply line, Japan conducts a patrol with AP-3s. At the same time, efforts will be made to restore the railroad as soon as possible. Since it would take two weeks to restore the entire area, the offensive would be slowed down during this period.

At the same time, however, it was time to assemble the troops that had been deployed in the eastern part of Siberia. In addition, as a result of the complete control of eastern Siberia, the number of citizens from Primorsky Krai and other regions who joined the Siberian Independence Army increased, and six additional brigades were formed. These brigades were equipped with Soviet troops that had surrendered and old equipment used by the United States during the World War, but they were quickly formed into a security force and deployed to various regions with food and daily commodities. *2

Japan

Japanese Combined Armed Forces 1st Army Group (3 divisions, 1 brigade)

- 17th Mechanized Division

- 601st Mechanized Division

- 101st Marine Brigade

- 1st Combined Division (Siberian Independence Faction)

Japanese Combined Armed Forces 2nd Army Group (4 divisions, 1 brigade)

- 2nd Mechanized Division

- 603rd Motorized Division

- 201st Mechanized Division

- 302nd Armored Brigade

- 2nd Combined Division (Siberian Independence Faction)

United States

1st Siberian Corps (5 divisions)

- 11th Division

- 14th Division