012 - Aftermath of the War

The end of the Soviet-Japanese War also marked the birth of a new regime. The Soviet Union's international standing plummeted in inverse proportion to Japan's growing national prestige. This had repercussions for the rest of the world.

. . .

Japan

The newly established Republic of Kuril expanded to include the northern part of Sakhalin and was renamed the Republic of Okhotsk. The development of the Okha oil fields, funded by Japanese ODA, made the country the richest in the Federation. *1

In addition, the military was reorganized based on the lessons of war. The problem was that the size of the SDF was too small for the size of the Japanese Federation to defend. There was also a serious shortage of armored vehicles such as tanks. It was recognized that no matter how superior the current equipment was, it would not change anything if there were too few of them. It was a relief that the number of applicants for the SDF was on the rise in the aftermath of the economic turmoil caused by the time slip.

. . .

United States of America

As a result of the Soviet-Japanese War, they increased their economic activity in Kwantung and Manchuria where the Soviet pressure had disappeared. As far as food was concerned, there was no problem no matter how much food was produced because Japan would buy it almost indefinitely as long as the price was reasonable. The Japanese would become an active investment destination for the flood of American gold. In the meantime, Japanese trucks and farming equipment were being sold. This is due to the discovery and report by an officer visiting Japan as a military observer.

Due to the difference in prices (economic power) between the US and Japan, Japanese-made cultivating machines were insanely expensive, but at the same time, their capabilities were far superior to those of American machines. In addition, not only in agriculture, but also in civil engineering, Japanese-made machines became a status symbol due to their low failure rate as well as their performance. However, because of their status, they were often targeted and became a major source of concern for the US.

During the development and exploration of Manchuria, they discovered an oil field. It was confirmed to Japan via the USFJ and turned out to be a large oil field that was later named the Daqing Oil Field. With this discovery, the US strengthened its expansion into China.

. . .

China

The development of Manchuria by the United States and the profits it made were eye-opening. Oil was especially important. Until then, the US had not paid much attention to Manchuria, but the demand to return Manchuria and Kwantung began to grow as the US increased its investment in both regions. However, the US side did not pay any attention to it, and it became a feud between China and the US.

. . .

Soviet Union

The Soviet-Japanese War left the Soviet Union with an enormous amount of reparations to pay. However, the Soviet Union, which had just been established and was still a weak country, could not easily repay the debt, and it became a difficult task. Therefore, as a proposal, Japan proposed to them to sell the mining rights in Siberia as part of the repayment. Instead of a lease, Japan would create the Siberian Resources Development Corporation as a national policy enterprise and sell the resources through it.

The Soviet Union agreed to this proposal. Japan promised to invest in the infrastructure development that would accompany the resource development, and they dreamed that the Siberian development project, which was lagging behind, would move forward. However, since the mines sold in this project were all in places where high profits could be expected, it became a headache for the Soviet Union.