Chapter 23

~Avery~
—————

When Alexander called me and told me what happened to Madison, everyone and everything stopped.

I'm in her room, by her side watching her sleep.. I don't know if she's sleeping, technically yeah, and I'd like to think of it that way.

She's unconscious but her heartbeat is fine, the doctor said that she could die any minute but I know Madison, she won't die. She's the strongest person I know.

Elenor is walking back and forth, ''can you stop that?'' I glare at Elenor which makes her glare at me too.

''Fuck no. I'm anxious, what.. wha- what if she doesn't make it Avery? What the fuck we'll we do?'' She throws her hands in the air breathlessly.

''She'll be fine.'' I assure her, ''she's strong'' I start rubbing Madison's hand. She looked so peaceful.. so happy..

''I know she is.. I just.. I can't imagine our life without her..'' Elenor had tears in her eyes which made me think about everything that happened the last few years.

Madison is strong, maybe not physically, but this girl went through more than anyone could ever imagine, she still fought. Maybe sometimes she felt like giving up.. giving everything up.. she's still here tho..

I sigh, I get up and go hug Elenor, she never lets anyone see her emotions, yet their so strong.

She cries on my shoulder, sobs came out of her mouth, I started crying with her.

God how much I hate not being able to be there for them, how much I hate myself for not protecting Madison enough that day.

How much I hate myself for not being there for Elenor when she needed me.

Minutes go by, hours go by. We're still next to Madison in her bed, watching vampire diaries for the millionth time.

She's just asleep.

I keep telling myself the same thing but I can't seem to believe myself.

I get off the bed which makes Elenor raise her right eyebrow in questioning expression.

''I'm going to the bathroom'' I made a lie up, I go for the door out of Madison's which makes her shout out ''Madison has a bathroom in her room'' I roll my eyes.

''I know, I'll go to the guest bathroom'' Elenor gave me a weird look but just let me go. I go down the stairs and into Alexander's office.

''Yes Avery?'' He put a finger under his chin, tapping patiently.

''What are we going to do?'' I throw my hands in the air, ''do about what?'' I go and sit in the chair that faces him.

''about Madison! She's practically on the edge of death and life'' I shout.

''I don't know what!!! Okay Avery?? I don't have it figured out!! She's my sister, if she doesn't make it out, I'll fucking die, she's my fucking everything!!!'' He shouts back.

''You think I don't know!?? She's my bed friend since I was fucking 5!!! She and Elenor are EVERYTHING to me!!!'' I stand up and go over where he was sitting.

He stands up, I was now his lower chest size, if I was wearing high heels I would have been up to his shoulder.

I look up at him and he looks down at me, ''I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna just stand by and wait for a miracle to happen'' I glare at him dead in the eyes.

''what are you doing to be Avery?'' He questions quietly, I could barely hear it. ''Am.. I don't know? What do you mean?'' I ask confused.

''You know I th-'' and with that, my whole life turned upside down.

His lips were on mine, soon our tongues were colliding with each other.

It felt so good, so right.. but also so wrong, I push him off me, 'Alexander, this- this is wrong. We can't be doing this'' I run towards the door and run out.

No. No. No. No. No. No.

I run upstairs into Madison's room which made Elenor get up from bed and run towards me.

''What's wrong'' she puts her hand on my shoulders, ''I- I- I kissed Alex-'' she gasped ''no fucking way'' she puts her hand over her mouth.

''Yes fucking way'' I groan, ''I feel bad, it felt wrong since Madison is not here.. she might.. she might not want me to be with her brother'' I groan again.

''Nah, she would want you to be happy, and if that meant for you to be with her brother then she would let you'' she smiles at me.

''I don't know—'' it's not just Madison.. but Ellison.. what about him??

''What about Ellison?'' I ask, Elenor shrugged, ''I mean.. do you like Alex or Ellison?'' She asked confused.

I shrug and groan in frustration, ''I don't know.. I've had a crush on Alex forever, but he only saw me as a child. Ellison makes me happy.'' I look at her bright blue eyes.

''You'll find out in time babe, no need to rush. Me and Madison we'll always be here. Yeah?'' I nod.

_____________
Daria
——————
Avery running away from Alexander after they kissed:

_____________Daria——————Avery running away from Alexander after they kissed:

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I didn't go to school today hehehehe🫢💋

But I'm going tomorrow 😭😭😭 I was too towed and my parents let me off.

I hate my life man. Anyway enough about school.

HOW ARE Y'ALL BITCHES!?!

Madison will obviously be fine because I'm no murder babe. No way I'm killing my child and creation.✋🏼😍

Goodnight babes, and if it's day for you when you're reading this then good day!!!!!!!

BYEEEEE GOOD LUCK WITH SCHOOL FUCKERS😭😭😭