Chapter 23: Carnal Tension♡

Start from the beginning

"No, it's fine." I said stubbornly. Forcing myself to concentrate on protecting myself while kissing him, we continued. Then, he began to groan in pain making me feel guilty. With a large sigh, I detached myself from him. "Let's stop. We'll continue this once you get better."

[Brax]

I woke up with my body draped between Neviah's legs. She slept with her back against the headboard, her head propped up on a pillow. Her hand rested on my bare chest allowing me to feel the cool energy flowing through me via her hand that glowed a soft blue. Ever so often, she would gently squeeze me as if to make sure I was still there, making me smile. I let my eyes droop close focusing on the cold calming down the heat of my body.

That felt good.

She kept the room and her body at low temperatures, so I couldn't burn her and my hot flashes wouldn't be as hot. She stuck beside me for the entire week, making sure I was comfortable. I've never had such a painless Rutliu in my life. Feeling her lay next to me, my head upon her legs, was now one of the greatest honours of my life. Even the constant pains that came to exploding from within, being with her was worth it.

I stared at her. touching her cheek with the side of my thumb, my lips forming a pensive grin. I'd forgotten what it was like to have someone I'm my life who cared. She kept me with a good supply of warm soup, hot teas and iced drinks. It made me smile reminiscing how she's cooked, fed and showered me for the past week, making sure I was always comfortable and not in pain.

She groaned waking up, her head tilted downward to his face, her eyes sliding into focus. "Are you feeling okay?" She grumbled. "Do you need anything?"

It was then I knew in that instant that I had found my other half and that fate had dealt her a dangerous hand because I was going nowhere. A smile I couldn't stop spread across my face. The first thing she thought to ask as she woke up was if I was alright. "No, I'm good, just finding it hard to sleep." I answered. All my thoughts stopped as if my heart had taken over my head when we were close. I never thought I would experience something like this. I of all people, shouldn't be experiencing something like this. But, now that I have I knew I wouldn't let it go. Ever.

She rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times. "Are you feeling too cold?" I shook my head no. She had on the necklace to regulate her powers so she wouldn't accidentally freeze me to death while she slept. "It's still early." Neviah continued to make light chatter as I stared up at her. Particularly, my eyes were glued onto her lips. The soft, plump lips had me hypnotised as they moved to form her words.

I took in a deep breath, enjoying the heavenly aroma she was releasing, a soft airborne scent that distorted my senses. She was creating an inviting haze for my weary brain to rest in, while my dragon instinct awoken. Why was her scent so overly sweet? As my mate, she always smelt good to me but now, it was sickly. My thoughts paused, knowing that meant I was going into phase 2 of Rutliu. I always wanted Neviah, but I was starting to crave it. I was going to be infected with the sickly smell.

"Kiss me." I demanded.

She looked taken back then smirked. "Kiss me only works on cuts and bruises." She teased. "But since you're so sick, I'll make an exception." She leaned down and pressed her lips against mine. With the kiss came an electric pulse that buzzed through our bodies. I tilted my head for better access. She opened her mouth and our tongues collided. My hand snaked around her neck and pulled her down more, yearning for more. I sucked on her tongue as she pulled away, pulling her back into the kiss, drawing her in for a long, slow kiss. "Wow." She gasped breathlessly when I finally let her up. I wanted nothing more than to spread her legs and take her at this moment. My sanity was slowly slipping and I didn't want to force her into something she didn't want or hurt her in any way.