39. THE END OF SOMETHING

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: THE END OF SOMETHING

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them"

---

"Luther, you all right?" Five asked as Elena and him ran over to Luther who was growling before he lifted his head off the floor.

"Oh, I think I swallowed my tongue" he said "Luther, if you swallowed your tongue, you wouldn't be talking, you big moron. Come on, on your feet" Five said as they helped him stand up.

He stumbled a bit backwards, grabbing Five's shoulder to support himself "Hey, what the hell happened. What was that?" he asked "She must've redirected Vanya's energy wave" Five said "Yeah, I know, but how?" Luther asked "We have to get to Ruby" Elena said and Five nodded.

Then suddenly some bricks started falling down from the broken roof causing Five to look up to see the bricks and his eyes widened "Luther and El, watch out!" he shouted before he pushed both his wife and brother aside as the bricks tumbled down on Five, burying him.

Luther stumble backwards almost tripping over a piece of the broken roof "Five!" he shouted "FIVE!" Elena shouted as they rushed over to the pile of bricks "Five" he shouted "Honey" Elena shouted as she bent down to the pile of bricks before she started removing the bricks.

But then there was a zap sound and they looked up to see Lila letting out a chuckled at the sight.

"What are you?" Luther asked her as he stood up "Someone who wants to kill your brother, hurt your sister-in-law and kidnap her and your niece" Lila said as she slowly walked towards Luther.

"Well, that's understandable. Diego can be a lot to handle" Luther said as Lila walked over to him "Yeah, I was talking about Five" she said as she stopped in front of Luther before looking around the room.

"Him, too. But, unfortunately, they're family and El and Ruby is also family now, so you're shit out of luck. And also if you want El and Ruby, you have to get through me first and I'm not gonna down that easy, I will protect Elena and Ruby with my life cause they're family" Luther said before he threw a fist towards Lila but she put her hand out, grabbing the fist before it could hit her face.

Luther let out a grunt and a groan as the sound of leather glove creaking was heard.

While Luther took care of Lila, Elena continue to look for Five and she finally got to where he was and pulled him out the best she could.

She laid him down on her lap and captured his face in her hands. She leaned down to listen to his heart and his breathing which was low, but was there.

"How is this possible?" Luther asked, trying to push the fist towards her but she was holding it back with the same strength, "Gotta believe in yourself, big boy" Lila said before she threw Luther out of the house.